Origin – shaping communities; building lives
Origin exists to make change happen for the good of communities. We help people by providing affordable homes – but that’s not enough. We support vulnerable adults to lead happy and better lives. We empower our staff to take action and rise to every challenge with ‘can do’ positivity.
Good people are the future of our innovative, working community. We have placed a brand new and exciting ‘People’ strategy at the heart of our culture – to support training and personal development, to deliver our values, to move Origin forward.
Our vision for this role
We’re looking for committed and motivated individuals to work within a small team to deliver support to service users with learning disabilities. You will be promoting choice, independence, integration within the local community and development of skills in line with the valuing people framework. You will be working on a flexible shift basis in a variety on sites which may include an occasional sleep over.
You need to truly care about the issues affecting vulnerable people. You want to make a difference to their wellbeing and understand that social isolation can happen anywhere and to anybody. This is a great opportunity for you to have a real impact on the lives of our service users.
What you’ll do
This is a rewarding and exciting position – responsible for building relationships and trust both internally within your Origin team and externally with the community you serve.
At a glance you:
- Will work with the team to provide a consistent approach to the support that we give.
- Will key work individual service users and take a lead in supporting them to achieve their desired goals.
- Will be acting as main point of contact for your key service users.
- Will provide support to service users to make and attend appointments where necessary.
- Will use your time available to keep up to date with all admin work including emails, session notes, reviews and support plans.
- Will be working with colleagues, families (where applicable) and other professionals for the benefit of the service users
- Will share information and experience to support each other and to develop new ways of working.
- Will put forward new ideas and be prepared to try new things.
- Will keep up to date on regulatory changes and actively look at ways to develop yourself and the service.
What you’ll need
- You will be working within a small team but being able to work on your own is very important.
- You will be supporting our service users to develop and learn which requires a creative and practical approach.
- You’ll need to be confident with getting to know the service users and their families and the network of professionals that we liaise with.
- Your life experience and initiative are qualities that we need.
- You’ll need to be a confident communicator across all channels but, specifically, whilst recording concise and accurate daily notes.
Tell us your story
We are looking forward to learning about you. Please help us get to know you by sending your latest CV and covering letter detailing how your experience meets the role above. To find out more about us simply visit www.originhousing.org.uk
Please note we will be asking for satisfactory references and DBS check. Successful applicants for interview will be contacted within seven days after the closing date.
Benefits for the right person
We reward our people for the work they do. We appreciate commitment, initiative and going the extra mile. At Origin, our comprehensive range of benefits care about the ‘whole’ person. As well as offering you great-to-have discounts, we look after your health and well-being too – personalising your benefits package to you. We offer:
Access to a range of discounts on services, products and experiences. Not simply picked at random but personalised to you
Tailor-made Healthcare plans and/or insurance plans – let us know your preference
An Employee Assistance Programme that supports your well-being and is there to provide valuable help at all times
A choice of rewards that you choose where to spend
An Awards recognition scheme that champions individual achievement
See our new benefits portal where you can select the options that suit your lifestyle.
Closing date: 15th November 2021
Interview and assessment date: 26th November 2021