Stonewater have delivered specialist Domestic Abuse Services nationally for almost 20 years. South Hampshire Women’s Refuge aims to provide safe and secure accommodation to women and children fleeing any form of domestic abuse. The refuge provides a bespoke support service for women and children tailored to each individual’s needs – this will encompass emotional, practical support information and advocacy to empower women in their lives.
We are now looking for a Relief Domestic Abuse Support Worker to join us and provide a high-quality, safe specialist support service to women and children in the Refuge.
This is an exciting role and one that is flexible, yet vital. You’ll work as part of our team to provide a high-quality support service to the women and their children who live at the Refuge and provide trauma informed support. You’ll work within a team of highly skilled Domestic Abuse Support Workers to enable women to gain the skills they need to move into more independent accommodation. This will include domestic abuse recovery work, life skills, education, training, employment and wellbeing.
Come and join our team and continue to put survivors voice at the heart of their recovery.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven experience of working with children and young people within a similar role.
- Knowledge of Domestic Abuse and the impact on children and young people.
- Demonstrable experience of partnership working with specialist agencies such as; CAHMS, Education, Children’s Services.
- Natural relationship building skills, with the ability to motivate, influence and inspire your customers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt your approach depending on your audience and required outcome.
- Demonstrate a supportive approach to Mothers and their children, maintaining dignity and respect.
- A comprehensive understanding of professional boundaries together with a high level of personal integrity.
Appointment to this role will be subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service Check, satisfactory references and possession of a valid Right to Work document.
Female applicants only under an exemption from the Equality Act 2010 - Section 9 - Part 1 (A) as a genuine occupational requirement.
Stonewater is a leading housing provider. We manage around 33,600 homes, serving 75,000 customers across our portfolio of affordable properties for general rent, shared ownership and sale, alongside specialist accommodation, with an ambitious house-building programme.
Our mission is to provide quality homes and services for people whose needs are not met by the open market.
We’re looking for like-minded people to join our team of over 800 talented colleagues who embody our values of being ethical, ambitious, passionate, agile and commercial, as well as people who want to make a difference and transform people’s lives.
Stonewater supports equality of opportunities and are dedicated to being a diverse, inclusive, and supportive workplace. We are a Disability Confident employer.
Are you ready to #DiscoverStonewater?