Key Worker Rotherham Thursday Project
Permanent, Full Time
Could you empower someone to gain the most from their life?
We believe that everyone has a right to a safe and secure place to call home, and the stability that it brings.Our aim is to help our customers maintain a stable, independent home and intensive personalised support.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and innovative Key Worker to join our team. Rotherham Thursday Project provides a support, care and housing management service with the aim of preventing issues such as homelessness and social exclusion.
- Salary Scale: 3CDE1 £19,193 per annum, pro rata. Plus essential car user and mileage
- Working Hours: Monday – Friday - 37 hours
- Generous holiday entitlement – 27 days annual leave, statutory bank holidays, plus an additional 4 SYHA days per annum, pro rata
- Flexible working options including Flexi Time, Condensed Hours, Part Time
- Excellent benefits including SYHA Rewards - employee discount scheme, which offers cash back and shopping discounts
- Westfield Health (employer paid)
- Pension contribution
- Access to a wide range of programmes to train and develop you
More about the role:
Rotherham Thursday Project customers currently residing in the borough of Rotherham that are at risk of becoming homeless due to rent arrears, ASB or other complexities, which may include mental health conditions, substance misuse or offending behaviour. We work with customers focusing on their strengths to build their confidence to a level where they feel they can live independently and achieve their potential
Who you are:
In this role you will have the ability to communicate well with a wide range of people, verbally and in writing. You will demonstrate a positive, sensitive, and constructive approach to working with customers, colleagues and professionals. You will have a commitment to diversity and thrive with customer excellence and equal opportunities service delivery.
The role can be challenging but is highly rewarding.The successful candidate would need to:
- Have previous experience of supporting vulnerable people
- Demonstrate an understanding of the needs and risks our customers experience and an understanding of how to develop plans of support to overcome these
- Must be passionate about customer service
- Good problem-solving skills
- Capability to use a wide range of digital software
- Great organisational and observational skills
- Possess a positive "Can Do" solution focused attitude to fit in with a small team and build on the successes of this excellent service
- Hold a full valid driving licence and have a vehicle available for work
Who we are:
At South Yorkshire Housing Association, our purpose is for our customers to settle at home, live well and realise their potential.
Feeling settled and living well means different things to the people and families that live across South Yorkshire. So, we work with people in different ways – from our extra-care housing, to providing services and opportunities that individuals can access in their home, workplace and community, to creating houses for affordable rent.
Our employees enable us to create the best services, support, and experiences for our customers. We believe that difference makes us better, and that our services are made stronger by having a diverse workforce. We encourage and welcome applications from all backgrounds.
Please note that we may remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. Please apply at your earliest convenience.
For the purposes of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 this is an excluded job.
Closing Date: Sunday 28th November 2021
Interview Date: Monday 6th / Tuesday 7th December 2021