Alex moved out of home when he was 16 and spent time in B&B’s until he found out about Exeter Foyer from his Housing Officer. Our Foyer helped Alex get onto a college course where he trained to be a PE teacher – he has now moved on from this and is working with young people as a personal trainer. He’s also now moved out of the Foyer and is proud, and makes him believe in himself.
This is just one of our many success stories.
Would you like to help people like Alex on their life journey?
To become a Coach, you’ll have:
- Proven experience of working with young people within a similar role.
- Knowledge of homelessness and the impact on young people.
- Working knowledge of housing and benefit advice.
- Demonstrable experience of partnership working with specialist agencies such as mental health teams and youth offending services.
- Natural relationship building skills with the ability to motivate, influence and inspire.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt your approach depending on your audience and required outcome.
- A comprehensive understanding of professional boundaries together with a high level of personal integrity.
Appointment to this role will be subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service Check, satisfactory references and possession of a valid Right to Work document.
Stonewater is a leading housing provider. We manage around 33,600 homes, serving 75,000 customers across our portfolio of affordable properties for general rent, shared ownership and sale, alongside specialist accommodation, with an ambitious house-building programme.
Our mission is to provide quality homes and services for people whose needs are not met by the open market.
We’re looking for like-minded people to join our team of over 800 talented colleagues who embody our values of being ethical, ambitious, passionate, agile and commercial, as well as people who want to make a difference and transform people’s lives.
Stonewater supports equality of opportunities and are dedicated to being a diverse, inclusive, and supportive workplace. We are a Disability Confident employer.
Are you ready to #DiscoverStonewater?