Stonewater have delivered specialist Domestic Abuse Services nationally for almost 20 years. We are proud to have been successful in a recent tender to manage the support service at Brighton and Hove Refuge and are now looking for a Domestic Abuse Support Worker to join us and provide a high-quality, safe specialist support service to women and children in the Refuge.
This is an exciting role and one that is flexible, yet vital. You’ll work as part of our team to provide a high-quality support service to the women and their children who live at the Refuge and provide trauma informed support. You’ll work within a team of highly skilled Domestic Abuse Support Workers to enable women to gain the skills they need to move into more independent accommodation. This will include domestic abuse recovery work, life skills, education, training, employment and wellbeing.
Come and join our team and continue to put survivors voice at the heart of their recovery.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven experience of working within supported living services.
- Experience of completing risk assessments and carrying out robust safety planning.
- An understanding of the practical, emotional, economic and social issues of survivors of domestic abuse.
- Proven experience of caseload management, with a clear focus on outcomes for customers and their wider community and have the ability to record concise, accurate case notes and support paperwork.
- The ability to demonstrate partnership working with specialist agencies such as mental health teams, offending services and other relevant services.
- Working knowledge of housing and benefits advice and experience of using a housing management system, or similar software.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to work in a professional manner with a number of different agencies.
Appointment to this role will be subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service Check, satisfactory references and possession of a valid Right to Work document.
Female applicants only under an exemption from the Equality Act 2010 - Section 9 - Part 1 (A) as a genuine occupational requirement.
Stonewater is a leading housing provider. We manage around 33,600 homes, serving 75,000 customers across our portfolio of affordable properties for general rent, shared ownership and sale, alongside specialist accommodation, with an ambitious house-building programme.
Our mission is to provide quality homes and services for people whose needs are not met by the open market.
We’re looking for like-minded people to join our team of over 800 talented colleagues who embody our values of being ethical, ambitious, passionate, agile and commercial, as well as people who want to make a difference and transform people’s lives.
Stonewater supports equality of opportunities and are dedicated to being a diverse, inclusive, and supportive workplace. We are a Disability Confident employer.
Are you ready to #DiscoverStonewater?