Salary: £34,739 - £40,859 per annumHours: 36 hours per week Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract/Secondment - ending 31st March 2023 Are you passionate about providing people with multiple complex needs with support, advice and guidance to assist them into training and employment?
In order to respond to the ESF funded Love London Working Employment Support programme and exciting opportunity has arisen with Clarion Futures for an exceptional Active Inclusion Employment Support Officer to join our team. This role is to support a new strand of delivery on Love London Working focused on providing intensive, holistic support to customers with wide ranging multiple and complex barriers to employment. As a key member of our team you will work across London to deliver a high quality advice and guidance offer to customers with multiple and complex barriers to training and employment. This role will work with smaller caseloads and look to support customers into a range of positive progressions which move them closer to the labour market. You will have varied experience of supporting customers with a combination of obstacles to sustaining employment including health conditions (physical & mental), basic skills needs, debt, digital skills, substance misuse, offender histories and caring responsibilities. You'll enjoy understanding your customers' needs and developing individual action plans with them, setting unambiguous and achievable goals in order to support them into training or to engage with the alternative supports available which will enable them to address other long term underlying issues which make achieving sustained employment untenable. We'll look to you to support your customers by providing a range of interventions including employability, confidence and motivation workshops, condition management therapies, accredited learning, health & wellbeing support, other life skills as well as the more traditional support like job clubs. You will also be required to provide job search advice and access to further employment support. You'll have a natural ability to build and maintain trust and be able to demonstrate an organised and methodical approach in recording and monitoring outputs against agreed targets. You'll be expected to have, or be working towards, a relevant Advice and Guidance qualification. Your duties will include:
- Providing ongoing support to residents who secure work through regular in-work support interventions.
- Using a variety of techniques to diagnose customers' need for support, referring to specialists where necessary to assist in tackling any barriers and achieving their personal goals.
- Providing in-work support to all customers who have recently gained employment.
This is a fantastic opportunity to utilise your extensive skills and experience to really make a difference for peoples' lives. Closing Date: 29th November at midnight
Applicants must be able to regularly travel within the area. This post is subject to an Enhanced Criminal Records Check. What you can expect from us
Here at Clarion we're dedicated to rewarding hard work and commitment and providing benefits that support you and your lifestyle. As standard we offer;-
- Competitive salaries that are benchmarked regularly against current market rates
- Initial 25 Days annual leave (plus bank holiday), increasing to 30 days after 3 years' service.
- A flexible benefit scheme tailored to you, inclusive of healthcare options, dental insurance, restaurant card and cycle to work along with 1% of your salary to spend on whichever approved benefit you like!
- Matched pension contributions of up to 7.5% of your salary with generous life assurance
- Flexible and agile working for the majority of our employees.
- Company Bonus Scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Holiday trading scheme allowing you to buy and sell leave
- Free counselling and legal advice scheme for you and your family
- Interest free loans for season ticket and study leave