Salary: £25,250 to £32,775 per annum
Hours: 36 per week
Contract Type: Permanent
We're seeking a Social Value Officer to join the team at Clarion Futures.
At Clarion Futures we have a vision to improve the lives of our residents and communities, this role will be pivotal in ensuring the partners we work with share that vision and deliver life changing social value. This role will help secure cash and in kind commitments from our contractors and build strong relationships to ensure quality social value is delivered aligned to Clarion Futures priorities. With the upcoming launch of Clarion's sustainability strategy this is a great time to join Clarion to really make a difference. This role combines community investment work with corporate facing responsibilities, a great development role for someone looking to progress in this industry.
We'll look to you to help embed a social value strategy across Clarion that covers aims, targets and guidance for all staff when procuring new contracts. You'll support the Social Value Coordinator with securing, monitoring and coordinating social value from partner contractors in order to improve the lives of customers and local residents.
Other key responsibilities will include:-
- Work with the Social Value Coordinator to build strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure a consistent approach and representation that maximises the social value achieved through major procurement exercises
- Work with Clarion Futures and Housing colleagues to identify annual social value priorities, ensuring they link to what contractors can deliver ensuring residents and communities benefit.
- Coordinating, monitoring and reporting on social value delivery
We're looking for enthusiastic individuals with experience in community investment delivery and partnerships. Knowledge of social value from contractors and setting up frameworks to monitor delivery is preferred but not essential - but a good eye for detail and ability to learn is key. You'll have the confidence to negotiate with contractors to ensure they offer appropriate social value and deliver on commitments. Excellent communication and organisational skills are also essential for the role.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, we look forward to hearing from you.
What you can expect from us
Here at Clarion we're dedicated to rewarding hard work and commitment and providing benefits that support you and your lifestyle. As standard we offer;-
- Competitive salaries that are benchmarked regularly against current market rates
- Initial 25 Days annual leave (plus bank holiday), increasing to 30 days after 3 years' service.
- A flexible benefit scheme tailored to you, inclusive of healthcare options, dental insurance, restaurant card and cycle to work along with 1% of your salary to spend on whichever approved benefit you like!
- Matched pension contributions of up to 7.5% of your salary with generous life assurance
- Flexible and agile working for the majority of our employees.
- Company Bonus Scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Holiday trading scheme allowing you to buy and sell leave
- Free counselling and legal advice scheme for you and your family
- Interest free loans for season ticket and study leave
Our commitment to equality and diversity means that we are keen to help you maintain a healthy work-life balance, including but not limited to part-time working and job share, enhanced maternity, adoption and paternity leave, and compassionate leave.
Closing Date: 30th November at midnight.
Applicants must be able to travel across regions as required.
You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this vacancy; Clarion are not able to offer visa sponsorship.
Clarion Futures is the charitable foundation of Clarion Housing Group. Our mission is to provide support, skills and opportunities to Clarion residents nationwide, transforming lives and communities.
We exist to maximise the opportunities available to our residents, providing people with the tools and support they need to overcome their challenges, from employment and financial support, through to youth and community programmes.
Diversity and Inclusion
We want Clarion to be a workplace where everyone feels valued, can be themselves and know they can reach their full potential. We embrace and celebrate our differences through various initiatives and support colleagues through a number of staff networks.
We're committed to building a strong, diverse workforce and making Clarion an inclusive place to work.