Service Manager (Young Persons Supported Housing)
We’re looking for a Service Manager to oversee the safe accommodation and support we provide to around 30 vulnerable young people between 15-19 years old, across our multiple sites in Stoke-on-Trent.
You’ll make sure the young people, who may have behavioural problems, be at risk of self-harm/ child sexual exploitation/ homelessness/ trafficking, or with offending behaviour, mental health needs, substance misuse or a disability, have a healthy and safe environment.
- Making sure positive working relationships with the police and other stakeholders and managing community relationships to address concerns and other matters such as anti-social behaviour.
- Identifying, managing, and reporting risks within the service in line with safeguarding, statutory and compliance requirements.
- Being accountable for safeguarding and promoting young people's rights, providing good quality support which respects individual differences.
- Working to organisational and service specific KPI's, and complete internal and external audits to quality assure services (process, procedures, practice)
- Working within agreed budget requirements to control costs, and managing income to achieve agreed budget plan
What we’re looking for:
- Good standard of education with Safeguarding Children Level 3 and NVQ Level 3 Children and Young People qualifications.
- Previous experience in the management of services for young people/looked after children/care leavers.
- Sound knowledge of governing legislation, procedures, and best practice in caring for looked after children.
- Positive and values driven style of leadership and management with teams to engage and achieve objectives
- Open to change and contributes with ideas and agreed actions for continuous improvement
- Full UK driving licence and access to own vehicle for work purposes
- Ability to work flexibly outside normal office hours
Help us give those without a plan, voice or home to build concrete futures by tackling the issues that keep people from finding their own home. Apply NOW!
#Stoke #YoungPeople #ServiceManager #Homelessness#Homelessness #FullTime #GreatBenefits #JobsThatGiveBack #MentalHealth #ComplexNeeds #HousingCrisis
At Honeycomb Group we know that a Group full of people from diverse backgrounds and communities makes us better at what we do. This means building a more inclusive and diverse workplace and promoting equality for all regardless of what you look like, where you come from and who you love. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from everyone. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability or belief.