Information Governance Lead
Salary: £42,000 per annum
Location: Wythenshawe, Greater Manchester with agile working
Hours of work: 35
Permanent, Full time
Closing Date: Sunday 28th November
We have a fantastic opportunity to join Wythenshawe Community Housing Group (WCHG) at a time of significant transformation. There’s more to us than bricks and mortar – we’re a force for good in the local area; helping to build healthy, strong, successful communities that will make this part of Manchester one of the best places to live, work and play.
The Information Governance Lead will provide a proactive, risk-based approach to Information Governance across the Group. You’ll be integral to the implementation of our data governance strategy, working directly with our front-line teams and partners to build privacy by design approaches into our services, ensuring data is appropriately processed throughout the project lifecycle.
Primarily, you will be responsible for:
- Working with colleagues to identify and manage risk proactively at all levels in the Group, for example by supporting the development of data protection impact assessments and formal data sharing agreements
- Assisting designated business areas to maintain and develop the Group’s Information Asset Register, including intensive support for data flow mapping processes
- Working closely with the Information Management Officer and IT Training Officer to identify and address areas of noncompliance
- Supporting the Group Data Protection Officer (DPO) in implementing a programme of periodic data protection audits, and ensuring that corrective actions from information security incidents are owned and completed by service representatives
- Attending and supporting Data Champions network meetings and events where required
- Providing specialist advice and guidance around Information Governance enquiries and complaints from the assigned business area, escalating them to the Group DPO when appropriate.
The ideal candidate will have experience of delivering Information Governance solutions either in a business transformation or multi-agency setting, coupled with a good understanding of the data protection framework and associated compliance standards. A relevant qualification is desirable but not essential. Your ability to proactively engage services to influence practice will be key to this role.
A little bit about us:
We are one of the largest registered housing providers in Greater Manchester – uniquely positioned within Wythenshawe’s ‘Garden City’. We are responsible for nearly 14,000 properties providing homes to 20,000 people. Our purpose is to provide good quality homes and services to our tenants and leaseholders and to play a leading role in creating safer, healthier communities. Ensuring we can continue to deliver on our purpose requires us to be financially resilient and to operate on the principle of having a business head and a social heart – maximising resources so we can invest for current and future times. WCHG is an inclusive employer where differences are recognised as strengths in delivering our purpose. Investment is key to enabling staff teams to feel empowered and trusted to deliver their best work.
The difference you could make to WCHG could be hugely rewarding… but more than that, with every job role comes a competitive salary, great pension scheme, annual leave, agile working, an employee assistance and health care plan including staff benefits, professional membership, and excellent ongoing learning opportunities.
Please note that travel to the office will be necessary as required by management or individual assignments.
If you’d like to know more, please see the job description and person specification attached.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.