About the Role
We currently have an opportunity for a dedicated Support Worker at our Supported Living Service in Hemel Hempstead who are looking for a rewarding and varied role working within our Learning Disability supported housing services.
Working as part of a dedicated team, your role as a Support Worker is to:
- Support and assist the manager to provide a quality service and to promote high standards of practice
- Provide leadership, direct line management and support to a number of staff who provide frontline support delivery to service users, whilst covering shifts on a rota basis
- This may involve promoting life skills such as shopping, managing budgets and domestic tasks such as cooking and cleaning
We are looking for passionate people with a `can-do` attitude and sector experience, driven by the desire to make a difference and who have the ability to recognise the wishes and needs of vulnerable adults and communicate effectively using different methods according to people`s needs.
You must be able to:
- Work as part of a team to deliver an excellent service to the people we support
- Be flexible in your approach to work
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Respond appropriately in a crisis and supervise and support staff effectively
- Have a commitment to equality and diversity and take a positive approach to supporting people with learning disabilities.
All applicants must hold a valid UK driving licence and have access to a vehicle.
In return for your hard work and commitment to our service users, we offer a considerable benefits package. This includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 33 days per year, including statutory bank holidays, rising to 35 days with service
- £22,095pa for a 37.5hour a week contract
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus on top of your basic salary
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Ongoing professional development and support to deliver outstanding support
- Workplace pension scheme and life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Refer-a-friend scheme: Earn a £130 bonus for each friend you refer to work for us
- Access to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for use at work
- Access to COVID-19 vaccinations
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Berkshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 7,500 homes from our head office in Hemel Hempstead and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff. We have an annual turnover of £90 million and a development programme that will deliver over 400 new affordable homes each year.
How to Apply
To apply for the position of Support Worker please complete an online application form.
Closing date: Wednesday 1st December 2021
Interview date: Monday 13th December 2021
Hightown is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare ofchildren, young people and vulnerable adults. Successful candidates will need to have a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service, together with any other relevant recruitment checks.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.