Calico Homes’ is a values led company who through investing in local communities where everyone thrives – through innovation, strength and collaboration. Calico Homes, along with all other parts of the Group, have a shared purpose as part of the Calico Group, to make a real difference to people’s lives.
Each part of the Calico Group has its own specialism and expertise but the “One Calico” vision is to help people to build a better future, whatever their background and wherever they are in their life’s journey.
Because we know we can always do more for our customers, we are continually expanding the range of services which we offer and looking for new talent. This means we need more amazing people who share our values and have real passion for helping others.
What you'll be doing
As the Assets Manager within Calico Homes’ operations team based in Burnley, you will work closely with a range of internal and external stakeholders including contractors offering high-quality, value for money, assets services to support the business to remain contractually, regulatory and legislatively compliant, protect, maintain and enhance our Homes assets, whilst achieving carbon reduction targets.
Your role will involve the supervision of direct reports, staff management and recruitment, performance monitoring, project management and day to day service improvement and planning including reporting for Homes business meetings and Board updates, customer stakeholder enquiry and complaints management and partnership liaison. Working across several service areas, the role will lead on effective asset investment and management programmes including planned maintenance and decarbonisation, ensure all regulatory, statutory, and legislative requirements associated with Health and Safety, aids and adaptations are met. You will also ensure internal control processes such as strong financial budgeting and reporting mechanisms are successfully delivered.
As the Assets Manager you will need to be able to work flexibly including but not limited to your home or one of the Calico Groups offices to ensure the successful delivery of our assets approach, delivering the best possible outcomes for internal and external customers.You will be based at Calico Head Office, Centenary Court, Croft Street, Burnley, Lancashire, BB11 2ED.
Your hours of work would be 36.25 hours per week, Monday – Friday.
The salary for this role is £46,693.15 per annum.
What you'll get in return
- The opportunity to make a real difference to people’s lives
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holidays + 8 bank holidays + 3 days for Christmas closure
- Generous occupational pay schemes
- A fabulous wellbeing programme
- Be part of a values lead culture
- Quality learning and development opportunities
- Join a unique and diverse group of companies with growth ambitions
- Excellent benefits including, access to private healthcare insurance, health cash plans, free eye tests, cycle to work scheme, retail discounts (including leisure, gym, food and more) and much more!
There are so many more benefits to working for Calico Homes and the Calico Group, too many to mention! Calico has a reputation both locally and nationally as an employer of choice, ranked 5th in the “Inclusive top 50 UK Employees list” – an achievement we are exceptionally proud of. But in case you’re still not sure, why not take a look at our company website for more information https://calico.org.uk/
What you'll need to be a success
- The ability to lead on effective asset investment and management programmes including planned maintenance and decarbonisation
- The ability to ensure all regulatory, statutory, and legislative requirements associated with Health and Safety; gas; asbestos; electrical, EPC mot, property lifts, balcony checks, Fire Risk Assessments and emergency lighting are met
- The ability to ensure that our responsibilities around the installation of aids and adaptations are met.
- The ability to ensure that all internal control processes such as strong financial budgeting and reporting mechanisms are successfully delivered.
- The ability to engage with individuals and build trusting relationships – patience and resilience will be key!
- A passion for providing exceptional customer service
- A flexible and innovative approach to service delivery