Location: Basildon, Essex
Salary: £32,000 - £35,000
Contract Type: Permanent - Full Time
Expiry Date: Friday 03 December 2021
About the role
Swan NU living is in its third year of production within its first modular manufacturing facility and excitedly opening its second factory in late 2021.This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a forward-thinking business that is fully committed to the long-term success of its modular offering.
As Quality Engineer, you will work across our 2 Factory’s with the Engineering, Technical and Production Teams.
You will ensure that Quality Assurance (QA) procedures are followed at every stage of the build programme, making sure that our new homes satisfy the most demanding customer’s expectations.
You will also be key in the lessons learnt process, actively contributing to the improvement of our QA procedures and internal policies and processes.
- Ensure the works at the factory are carried out in compliance with all required modular standards such as specifications, plans and contract documents.
- Pro-actively identify quality issues and bring to the attention of the Quality Manager.
- Pay regular visits to the modules and undertake regular inspections both at the factory and at site as requested.
- Quality check of modules before they leave the factory.
- Ensure that all issues are correctly reported and concluded.
- Attend quality checks and handovers of the works delivered through the programme.
- Sites visits to check work against contract specification and industry best practice.
- Liaise with the sub-contractors and project managers to ensure quality standards are met.
- Work closely with the QC Manager and the Technical department to drive continuous improvement through KPI’s.
- Maintaining factory floor records and documentation in line with BOPAS accreditation requirements.
To be a success you will have/be:
- Experience within a Quality Assurance role
- Strong track record of quality control experience in a manufacturing or construction environment – however we are open to all sectors
- You will have a keen eye for detail and possess great communication and rapport building skills
- Ability to engage with various stakeholders within factory and adapt communication accordingly when dealing with objections
- Enthusiastic and able to influence continuous improvement in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of improvement processes including, root cause and measurement analysis
- Ability to read and interpret a variety architectural and engineering drawings and specifications
We offer fantastic benefits including Pension, Life Assurance, BUPA Private Healthcare and much more. Further to this you can expect 25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays, PLUS 3 days at Christmas), a comprehensive induction programme and excellent ongoing training.
Swan/NU living is committed to creating beautifully designed, high quality places that fit our customer’s expectations and lifestyles. Working primarily across East London and Essex, NU living is creating homes people love, in places where they want to build their future. Ranked No. 37 in The Sunday Times Top 100 Best Not for Profit Companies, working for Swan is a lifestyle, not just a job. As a multi award winning Housing Association, we've been creating somewhere to feel at home for our team and our customers for 25 years. Whether working in Development & Regeneration, Operations, Construction (Nu Living), Care or Central Services, you can be sure that we will provide you with a home from home whatever job you do here. Swan is an equal opportunity employer and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.