As Income Team Leader, you will manage and lead a team of Income Officers to maximise income and minimise the level of outstanding customer debt. You will support, coach and mentor your team and ensure that the team are equipped, empowered and able to effectively manage arrears cases throughout the recovery process.
As our Income Team Leader, you will aim to maximise rental income collection, ensuring customers are supported to sustain rent payment and that our approach considers the diverse needs of our customers. Working with the Income Performance Analyst to highlight areas for improvement, you will ensure all computerised systems are updated and maintained and that processes are responded to within the prescribed timescales. You’ll make decisions to ensure that cases are escalated through the stages of the process, at the appropriate time, including cases requiring court action or with the necessary authority applications for repossession, and represent Stonewater within the County Court in rent possession and eviction warrant stay hearings as required. You will need to work collaboratively with colleagues and stakeholders to ensure our customers’ needs are met.
The ideal candidate:
- Have experience working with an Income Recovery Team.
- Have experience of managing rent arrears cases throughout a process, including applying to and attending court.
- Understand housing law, particularly in relation to income collection.
- Have a strong customer focus and be able to work effectively in a very busy environment, prioritising workloads and competing demands.
- Be a natural leader, comfortable with performance management and driving quality of work.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills.
- An excellent communicator, able to communicate clearly, sensitively and effectively.
- A professional housing qualification is desirable.
Appointment to this role will be subject to satisfactory references and possession of a valid Right to Work document.
Stonewater is a leading housing provider. We manage around 33,600 homes, serving 75,000 customers across our portfolio of affordable properties for general rent, shared ownership and sale, alongside specialist accommodation, with an ambitious house-building programme.
Our mission is to provide quality homes and services for people whose needs are not met by the open market.
We’re looking for like-minded people to join our team of over 800 talented colleagues who embody our values of being ethical, ambitious, passionate, agile and commercial, as well as people who want to make a difference and transform people’s lives.
Stonewater supports equality of opportunities and are dedicated to being a diverse, inclusive, and supportive workplace. We are a Disability Confident employer.
Are you ready to #DiscoverStonewater?