To be responsible for the overall leadership, strategic direction, and management of j Livings financial and ICT services. To ensure the effective implementation of systems and processes adhering to regulatory and legal compliance.
To make a significant contribution to the strategic corporate leadership and performance of the organisation as a key member of the Executive and Leadership Teams. To ensure the highest quality of services to Board, colleagues, tenants, and service users. Coupled with the highest standards of performance, financial management, probity, openness, accountability, and people management.
- Deputise for the CEO
- Working with the Board, the CEO and Leadership Team to shape, develop and manage the delivery of robust corporate, strategic, and financial business plans ensuring the meeting of priorities, objectives, and targets.
- Attend Board and Finance subcommittee meetings to provide reports, information and respond to questions on service related matters.
- Foster an environment that produces the best performance from our people.
- Effectively plan and provide for the resources required to action our strategic and operational plans.
- Keep abreast of sector best practice through networking opportunities.
Financial Strategy and Control:
- Responsible for the delivery of j Livings strategic and annual financial business plan, ensuring viability is regularly tested through scenario modelling, appraisals, and stress tests.
- Responsible for the Associations Treasury Management strategy and policy to ensure availability flexibility of funding to support the achievement of strategic objectives and reduce exposure to any particular risk.
- Responsible for the preparation of the annual budget and management accounts process and preparation of statutory accounts.
- Review, maintain and implement appropriate Risk Management Strategies and Treasury management, financial regulation, Borrowing and Investment policies and procedures.
- To ensure that j Living maximises its income within statutory and policy constraints.
- Develop and maintain effective systems of financial control that ensure the organisations financial business plans are continually reviewed, and that regular management information on key financial indicators, cash flow and operational performance is provided.
- Ensure the robust financial appraisal of new opportunities and the development of financial models for new or changed services delivered by the organisation.
- Oversight of the procurement of goods and services across j Living, ensuring VFM is delivered across all expenditure.
- Liaise with internal and external Auditors as required responding in a timely manner to enquiries.
- Ensure good relationships with Funders and assist with any negotiations as required.
- Lead on the development and delivery of an effective ICT and digital Strategy for j Living which supports mobile and agile working, customer relationship management that underpins excellent service delivery.
- Ensure that the Information Technology function has an effective infrastructure to meet operational requirements and ensure that risk is minimised by establishing contingency arrangements and disaster recovery planning.
- Oversee the performance management of external ICT consultants ensuring VFM.
- Work with colleagues to identify opportunities for software and hardware improvements and incorporate within the Strategy and delivery plan.
- To implement and positively promote EDI in all service delivery and employment practices.
- To attend departments and all other relevant meetings are requested, whether inside or outside the association.
- Works as part of a team, both internally and with partner organisations to achieve common goals and improve quality of services.
- Continuously strives to meet individual needs of customers.
- Influences, motivates, and inspires others to achieve their objectives and goals.
- To undergo appropriate training as available and determined by the Chief Executive
- To always maintain confidentiality
Health and Safety
- To be aware and comply with safe working practises as laid down under health and safety legislation
- To take due responsibility and set an example for the health and safety of yourself and other individuals
- To attend health & safety exercises as required
- To ensure that any accidents to staff, tenants and visitors are reported, in accordance with correct procedures.
- To carry out any other duties as requested by the Chief Executive or other designated senior staff
- Represent the Association on external bodies and at meetings both locally and nationally as appropriate.
Please send through your CV’s and Cover Letter to Recruitment@arkconsultancy.co.uk and any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org