At Lewisham Homes, we believe in building on potential. As an Electrical Administrator, your ability to co-ordinate the planning and scheduling of the planned electrical programme to a high standard could have a real impact on people’s lives.
Lewisham Homes is an ambitious not-for-profit organisation focused on improving housing in the borough. As well as managing 19,000 homes on behalf of Lewisham Council. We aim to provide a better experience and more opportunities for residents, communities – and the dedicated people who join our growing team.
As an Electrical Administrator, you will be responsible for providing exemplar co-ordination and administrative support to the Electrical Team.
If successful the main duties of your role will be:
- Co-ordinate the planning and scheduling of the planned electrical programme to a high standard ensuring a seamless and efficient service is provided to residents through timely notification of inspection appointments and tracking of all remedial work identified as necessary through to completion.
- Proactively plan and co-ordinate the delivery of all Electrical workflow, maximising office staff and operative productivity.
- Ensure that systems are updated within prescribed timescales, data is managed and analysed in a timely and accurate manner and documentation is collated and submitted as required.
- Work in collaboration with the Electrical Manager, Supervisors, Schedulers and Compliance Team to develop quality assurance mechanisms and identify improvements in the delivery of the Electrical Programme.
- Run reports and maintain all system information and data regarding properties within the Electrical Programme. Capture and resolve errors and manage exceptions as highlighted.
- Proactively plan and co-ordinate the delivery of all workflow to maximise the number of electrical tests completed and drive efficiencies through high access rates.
- Take a flexible approach to duties and to assist in covering for all aspects of work throughout the team as required in order to support delivery of Lewisham Homes’ business goals.
- Undertake changes to policy and procedure as and when directed and work diligently towards achieving qualitative and quantitative performance service targets.
- Contribute as a key member of the Property Services Team and work collaboratively with the Repairs and Voids / Disrepair Teams.
- Contribute to Lewisham Homes’ defined KPI performance targets and customer satisfaction targets for the service area, ensuring our company customer care policies are adhered to.
We expect everyone at Lewisham Homes to be eager to learn new skills and to help others. As a major local employer with over 500 staff, we are committed to providing opportunities for personal development, plus flexible and agile working to help us to continue to embrace wellbeing. We also offer benefits including: season ticket loan, 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, health & wellbeing benefits and membership of the local government pension scheme.
Lewisham Homes is committed to continuing to create an inclusive working environment, promoting and providing equal opportunities in employment, respecting diversity and avoiding unlawful discrimination during the recruitment process and the employment lifecycle. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified/experienced individuals regardless of their race, gender identity, biological sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
For more information about Lewisham Homes and this opportunity, please visit our website.