Origin – shaping communities; building lives
Origin exists to make change happen for the good of communities. We help people by providing affordable homes – but that’s not enough. We support vulnerable adults to lead happy and better lives. We empower our staff to take action and rise to every challenge with ‘can do’ positivity.
Good people are the future of our innovative, working community. We have placed a brand new and exciting ‘People’ strategy at the heart of our culture – to support training and personal development, to deliver our values, to move Origin forward.
Our vision for this role
We’re looking for a strong manager who can provide and manage support to service users with Autism Spectrum disorder & Asperger’s and possible learning disabilities and/or mental health issues, promoting choice, independence, integration within the local community and development of skills. The Team Leader would liaise with internal customers, stakeholders, parents, commissioners and external organisations when needed, managing and maintaining good working relationships whilst ensuring service user needs are met. We are always seeking views of service users for improvement and development of the service provided. The postholder would comply with and participate in the development of the operational policies and procedures whilst also keeping abreast of issues nationally including funding and regulatory bodies and ensuring best current practice is applied within the service.
What you’ll do
Take the lead
- You will manage individual team members, setting and monitoring personal objectives and identifying training needs.
- Take the lead in the selection and assessment of referrals to the service. Working with and managing service users’ individual support and care agreements while keeping and monitoring clear and up to date records to required standards.
- Recruit, select and deploy staff effectively.
- Ensure all the staff team are trained and have knowledge and understanding of working with people with Autism spectrum disorder & Asperger’s.
Give your time
- Acting as main point of contact for external contacts
- Assisting in writing and reviewing needs assessments, risk assessments and positive behaviour plans
Bring people together
- Working with internal teams such as housing management issues, other Origin Care & Support schemes and Repairs
- Working with external agencies such as social workers, medical professionals, Care Quality Commission and National Autistic Society
Come forward with a can-do attitude
- Undertake any other duties consistent with the objectives of this post as required by the service manager/head of service
What you’ll need
A motivational approach
- Leadership and collaboration is highly important; you’ll need to demonstrate your experience of managing a team.
- You will need to have the ability to manage change effectively and inspire, influence and motivate staff.
Relationship building skills
- You will be highly self-aware and be a strong team player
- You’ll need experience of setting up and maintaining successful partnerships
- Knowledge of issues facing people with Autism & Asperger’s/Learning Disabilities/Mental health living in the community; key legislation for people with Autism & Asperger’s/learning disabilities; and the roles of local authority services, funding bodies and care standards.
- Experience working with and providing support services to people with Autism or / and Aspergers.
A strategic brain
- Ability to prioritise workload effectively and meeting monitoring and reporting deadlines
- Ability to learn and develop good practice
- Ability to co-ordinate housing management issues and Health & Safety requirements
- Ability to work and manage a team working on a shift basis, including overnights and weekends.
Confident writing skill
- You’ll need to be a confident communicator with good numeric, literacy, written and verbal communication skills.
Tell us your story
We are looking forward to learning about you. Please help us get to know you by sending your latest CV detailing how your experience meets the role above. To find out more about us simply visit www.originhousing.org.uk
Please note we will be asking for satisfactory references and DBS check. Successful applicants for interview will be contacted within seven days after the closing date.
Benefits for the right person
We reward our people for the work they do. We appreciate commitment, initiative and going the extra mile. At Origin, our comprehensive range of benefits care about the ‘whole’ person. As well as offering you great-to-have discounts, we look after your health and well-being too – personalising your benefits package to you. We offer:
- Access to a range of discounts on services, products and experiences. Not simply picked at random but personalised to you
- Tailor-made Healthcare plans and/or insurance plans – let us know your preference
- An Employee Assistance Programme that supports your well-being and is there to provide valuable help at all times
- A choice of rewards that you choose where to spend
- An Awards recognition scheme that champions individual achievement
Closing date: 12 December 2021
Interview and assessment date: 17th December 2021