At Lewisham Homes, we believe in building on potential. As an HR Business Partner your ability to coach, support, mentor and challenge managers in the application of HR policies and practices could have a real impact on people’s lives.
Lewisham Homes is an ambitious not-for-profit organisation focused on improving housing in the borough. As well as managing 19,000 homes on behalf of Lewisham Council. We aim to provide a better experience and more opportunities for residents, communities – and the dedicated people who join our growing team.
As an HR Business Partner you will be responsible for providing a professional and comprehensive HR service to designated directorates within Lewisham Homes that results in more effective front line delivery.
If successful the main duties of your role will be:
- To support Lewisham Homes business objectives by providing high quality HR guidance and support to stakeholders through developing and progressing people management solutions.
- To ensure that all relevant legislative requirements, including those relating to equality and diversity are embedded in the development of project work and policy work and all advice provided to managers and others.
- To drive and support the development and delivery of cultural change plans and interventions within Lewisham Homes.
- To coach, support, mentor and challenge managers in the application of HR policies and practices (including management of change issues) and provide advice and guidance on complex HR issues in order to minimise risk and financial exposure.
- To underpin the ethos that managers manage and HR will advise, support, guide and coach on people matters. To act as the people ambassadors and enable managers to better manage their own teams.
- To support managers with all ER cases from panel hearings, investigations, support them in preparing case documentation and associated arrangements including advising at formal hearings up to and including dismissal.
- Building people leadership capability, coaching and influencing managers from a people perspective, developing their people management and leadership skills, and constructively challenging behaviours/actions where needed.
- Responsible for managing external contracts including but not limited to Occupational Health and payroll and taking the lead on any procurement activities
- Actively participate and contribute to the continuous review, development and implementation of the People Strategy
- To act as a change agent in managing organisational change where this relates to HR related activities e.g. restructures, collective consultation etc.
- Providing expert HR advice and guidance to managers and staff on HR matters, supporting managers in dealing with complex casework, performance, attendance and employee relations issues.
- Delivering key HR initiatives across the HR spectrum, including workforce planning, restructuring, resourcing, talent management, pay and reward, employee relations, employee engagement and performance management.
- To assist the Head of People in the direction of the service and to assess the impact of major policy and legislative changes.
- To initiate and develop strategies to further develop the HR service and address both the challenges and opportunities arising from such policy and legislative changes.
- Responsible for maintain and making improvements to all HR processes and systems
- To design and deliver training programmes for groups of managers on a range of HR matters.
We expect everyone at Lewisham Homes to be eager to learn new skills and to help others. As a major local employer with over 500 staff, we are committed to providing opportunities for personal development, plus flexible and agile working to help us to continue to embrace wellbeing. We also offer benefits including: season ticket loan, 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, health & wellbeing benefits and membership of the local government pension scheme.
Whilst Lewisham Homes has agile working arrangements, the HRBP role does require office-based attendance for HR activities.
As this role is urgent we will review applications and conduct interviews on a rolling basis.
For more information about Lewisham Homes and this opportunity, please visit our website.