At Lewisham Homes, we believe in building on potential. As an Asset Manager, your ability to develop and deliver the Asset Management strategy for Lewisham Homes could have a real impact on people’s lives.
Lewisham Homes is an ambitious not-for-profit organisation focused on improving housing in the borough. As well as managing 19,000 homes on behalf of Lewisham Council. We aim to provide a better experience and more opportunities for residents, communities – and the dedicated people who join our growing team.
As an Asset Manager, you will be responsible for identifying and raising opportunities and risks to the Director and Head of Stock Investment and Asset Management for our stock.
If successful the main duties of your role will be:
• To have direct responsibility for the completeness, accuracy and integrity of data within and across systems used by Property and Asset Management and Compliance, reporting and analysing that data to enable informed investment decisions to be made.
• Deliver an Asset Service to support the delivery of investment programmes in line with the Asset Management Strategy, whilst applying asset management principles across the infrastructure of Lewisham Homes.
• Based upon accurate data held in systems, draft and model planned works programmes; design option appraisal models; undertake life cycle costing along with energy and sustainability analysis and programme monitoring. Present output for discussion and decision making where required.
• Identify the investment needs of our stock, working with compliance, repairs, housing management and stock investment teams to prioritise works, whilst co-ordinating the annual major works programme.
• Provide clear and accurate reports to ELT, the Board and the Council regarding present and future projects against the Assets of Lewisham Council including costs, priorities and legal requirements.
• Ensure that pocesses and protocols are in place to manage the performance and risks associated with compliance with statutory requirements including fire, health and safety and building regulations.
• Provide long term information on financial value and the performance of assets, which will enable strategic decisions which align to stock condition data in order to forecast future costs of maintain the stock.
• Work with the ITC department to ensure the Asset Software system is fit for purpose and provides reports to assist with the delivery of Projects and works.
• To identify external funding streams to enhance capacity for investment programmes, sustainability, energy efficiency standards across the stock. Continuously looking for value for money.
• Support and offer guidance to all in relation to Lewisham Homes stock investment, compliance, special projects and day to day repairs, to enhance our stock for the benefit of our customers ensuring that options appraisals are reflected in all major works that we do as well as supporting projects for our assets within Lewisham Homes.
We expect everyone at Lewisham Homes to be eager to learn new skills and to help others. As a major local employer with over 500 staff, we are committed to providing opportunities for personal development, plus flexible and agile working to help us to continue to embrace wellbeing. We also offer benefits including: season ticket loan, 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, health & wellbeing benefits and membership of the local government pension scheme.
Lewisham Homes is committed to continuing to create an inclusive working environment, promoting and providing equal opportunities in employment, respecting diversity and avoiding unlawful discrimination during the recruitment process and the employment lifecycle. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified/experienced individuals regardless of their race, gender identity, biological sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
For more information about Lewisham Homes and this opportunity, please visit our website.