At Lewisham Homes, we believe in building on potential. As a Quantity Surveyor, your ability to provide a professional and cost effective quantity surveying service could have a real impact on people’s lives.
Lewisham Homes is an ambitious not-for-profit organisation focused on improving housing in the borough. As well as managing 19,000 homes on behalf of Lewisham Council. We aim to provide a better experience and more opportunities for residents, communities – and the dedicated people who join our growing team.
As a Quantity Surveyor, you will be responsible for taking ownership and accountability of the successful management and control of the commercial / financial and contractual elements of all works carried out by Property Services and their Contractors.
If successful the main duties of your role will be:
• Cost value reconciliation (CVR), interim valuation, final accounts and claims
• Responsible for the provision of a professional and cost effective quantity surveying service both pre and post works contract.
• Undertake all pre and post contract quantity surveying duties including the pricing of variations and control of all cost, budgetary and value analysis across all work streams that you are responsible for.
• Effectively manage the processing of valuation certificates and documentation to ensure efficient budget monitoring and adherence
• Provide commercial expertise to contracts, to include the production and submission of valuations, claims, budget monitoring and contract/workstream performance data
• Support the authorisation and submission of project/work variations
• Advise and discuss with Senior Management and authorise the placements of contracts, material and plant orders.
• Responsible for the day to day financial management of the refurbishment works to social housing properties (all types).
• Ensure that information is collated to be used for tenders when procuring contractors through the Procurement process.
• Manage contractors commercial spend on works, including the measurement and materials used in line with the agreed schedule of rates/pricing mechanism.
• Work closely with the Head of Repairs and the Head of Stock Investment and Asset Management within Property Services to provide monthly reporting of the works commercial position, including risks and opportunities.
• Support colleagues across Property Services on all commercial aspects of the works undertaken.
We expect everyone at Lewisham Homes to be eager to learn new skills and to help others. As a major local employer with over 500 staff, we are committed to providing opportunities for personal development, plus flexible and agile working to help us to continue to embrace wellbeing. We also offer benefits including: season ticket loan, 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, health & wellbeing benefits and membership of the local government pension scheme.
Lewisham Homes is committed to continuing to create an inclusive working environment, promoting and providing equal opportunities in employment, respecting diversity and avoiding unlawful discrimination during the recruitment process and the employment lifecycle. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified/experienced individuals regardless of their race, gender identity, biological sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
For more information about Lewisham Homes and this opportunity, please visit our website.