Permanent 25 hours a week
We are seeking a Night Concierge for one of our supported housing projects in Sheffield. The project provides supported accommodation to individuals with enduring mental health issues with the aim of equipping our customers with personal, social and practical life skills; enabling them to take control of their life and live independently within the community
Our perfect candidate will work in a caring and friendly team, with a great package of benefits.
- £17,381 per annum, pro rata
- 25 hrs per week averaged over a 5-week rota
- Benefits which include an excellent flexible working scheme, family friendly perks, wellbeing scheme, discounts scheme.
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
More about the role:
As Concierge you will need to be able to build relationships with vulnerable people to help them maintain the security of their home. Part of your role may include dealing with complaints and incidents of anti-social behaviour. You will be required to follow agreed recording practices and policies and you will ensure the safety & security of the residents and the building during the night.
Who you are:
- You will have the ability to communicate well with a wide range of people, verbally and in writing.
- You will demonstrate a positive, sensitive, and constructive approach to working with clients, colleagues and professionals.
- You will have a commitment to diversity, customer excellence and equal opportunities
- Passionate about customer service
- Good problem solver
- Knowledge of using a range of IT programmes including Microsoft Word and Outlook.
Who we are:
At South Yorkshire Housing Association, our purpose is for our customers to settle at home, live well and realise their potential.
Feeling settled and living well means different things to the people and families that live across South Yorkshire. So, we work with people in different ways – from our extra-care housing, to providing services and opportunities that individuals can access in their home, workplace and community, to creating houses for affordable rent.
Our employees enable us to create the best services, support, and experiences for our customers. We believe that difference makes us better, and that our services are made stronger by having a diverse workforce. We encourage and welcome applications from all backgrounds.
Please note that we may remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. Please apply at your earliest convenience.
For the purposes of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 this is an excluded job.
Closing Date: Wednesday 8th December 2021, Midnight
Interview Date: Friday 17th December 2021