At Lewisham Homes, we believe in building on potential. As a Business Support Officer, your ability to provide flexible administrative support for the Environment Team could have a real impact on people’s lives.
Lewisham Homes is an ambitious not-for-profit organisation focused on improving housing in the borough. As well as managing 19,000 homes on behalf of Lewisham Council. We aim to provide a better experience and more opportunities for residents, communities – and the dedicated people who join our growing team.
As a Business Support Officer, you will be responsible for supporting The Environment Team and Lewisham Homes as a whole in delivering great services.
If successful the main duties of your role will be:
- Provide flexible administrative support for the Environment Team, including processing invoices and orders, filing, and compiling information for managers and supervisors.
- Be a central point of contact for internal and external customers by phone, e-mail and in person.
- Manage management diaries and organise meetings and events
- Take minutes at meetings as required
- Update, enter data, maintain electronic and paper records and generate reports as required
- Work with the Environment Team to improve customer service including office systems and protocols
- Respond to routine correspondence through all standard media including phone/ skype, email and letters using the Hub Relay system
- Draft varied and complex correspondence such as responses to multi-service complaints
- Provide support for complex projects or leading simple projects
Please note this is a full time, 6 month fixed term contract.
We expect everyone at Lewisham Homes to be eager to learn new skills and to help others. As a major local employer with over 500 staff, we are committed to providing opportunities for personal development, plus flexible and agile working to help us to continue to embrace wellbeing. We also offer benefits including: season ticket loan, 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, health & wellbeing benefits and membership of the local government pension scheme.
Lewisham Homes is committed to continuing to create an inclusive working environment, promoting and providing equal opportunities in employment, respecting diversity and avoiding unlawful discrimination during the recruitment process and the employment lifecycle. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified/experienced individuals regardless of their race, gender identity, biological sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
For more information about Lewisham Homes and this opportunity, please visit our website.