Fire Safety Leasehold Officer (Contract)
London Bridge, Chichester, Brighton, Peterborough (40% office-based, 60% remote working)
£30,600 - £37,080
18 Month Contract
Closing date: 12th December 2021
Interviews: w/c 13th & 20th December 2021
We are looking to recruit a Fire Safety Leasehold Officer.
At the Hyde Group, we see a future that creates a great home for everyone. We are a leading provider of affordable homes. We are doers - professional, ambitious, and open. Together, our values reflect an organisation built on a culture of achievement.
As a Fire Safety Leasehold Officer, you will support the Fire Safety Leasehold Manager and other key stakeholders across the Group to ensure a high-quality service provision, providing specialist leasehold advice and support for all customers impacted by the Fire Safety Programme.
You will also ensure effective, appropriate, and timely communication with customers regarding any such building works throughout the duration of the Fire Safety Programme, ensuring that Hyde meets its statutory obligations, helping to avoid legal action.
Duties of a Fire Safety Leasehold Officer:
- Respond to general customer contact and enquiries from leaseholders, their agents, and other departments within the Group.
- Ensure a smooth handover between the Customer Contact Centre and operational service delivery, providing a seamless response to individual customer enquiries.
- Maintain and accurately update information on the Housing Management System and any other relevant computerised or manual reporting systems.
- Effectively deal with enquiries from solicitors, mortgage companies, including preparing pre-assignment information, notice of assignment, notice of charge (internal/external), deeds of covenant and deeds of variation.
- Assist with the preparation and issuing of Section 20 consultation notices in accordance with statutory consultation requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of, and information for, trial bundles for the Leasehold Valuation Tribunal (LVT) and the County Court.
- Provide a customer focused service by considering customers’ needs and suggesting and implementing ways to improve current processes to increase satisfaction and minimise complaints.
- Provide copies of leases to leaseholders including shared ownership upon request.
Candidates will need to have fire safety experience within housing.
We offer a great flexible benefits package, a 35-hour working week, a fantastic pension scheme and the opportunity to work for an organisation whose social purpose is to help provide people with a home.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the Hyde Group as a social business, and critical in delivering our vision of a great home for everyone. We strive to build and nurture a culture where inclusivity is the norm and not an initiative. Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we’re committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace which reflects our customer profile and where everyone is proud to be unique.