In your role as Workplace Projects & Programme Manager, you will be responsible for managing the team that provides a first-class service, creating and maintaining working spaces that are safe and welcoming and where all customers, colleagues and visitors experience the same high-quality environment regardless of location.
We’re one of the UK’s leading housing associations, a member of the G15 group of London’s largest housing associations, with 34,000 homes and 1,200 employees in London and the Home Counties. We have been voted a Sunday Times top 100 Best Company to Work for, investing care, time and resources in our people.
We are inspired by the benefits of a diverse workforce. We encourage diversity and inclusion at all levels of our organisation and are fully committed to equality of opportunity. Catalyst wants to remove any barriers for people to enable them to participate equally within the recruitment process. If you require reasonable adjustments, please let us know and we can discuss your requirements for the recruitment process.
Our purpose at Catalyst is to provide ‘homes people love’. That means everything from creating and maintaining great homes, to delivering excellent service to customers every day. We offer a wide range of housing solutions and opportunities for our diverse range of customer needs and requirements including, rent, part ownership or purchase. By doing so, we build more than homes – we build communities.
What we’re looking for:
- Do you have previous experience of managing projects and contractors across multiples sites?
- Are you a confident communicator with excellent interpersonal skills who can manage others and maximise performance and develop potential?
- Are you highly organised and able to respond quickly under pressure and work on your own initiative?
- Do you hold a qualification in workplace safety such as NEBOSH General Certificate or IOSH Managing Safely?
If so, this is the perfect role for you!
We currently have a great opportunity for a Workplace Projects & Programme Manager to join us on permanent basis.
Do you have what it takes?
To succeed in your role as a Workplace Projects & Programme Manager you will:
- Lead, motivate and continually develop the Workplace Projects & Programme team, taking responsibility for recruitment, training, performance, and career development.
- Ensure safe working practices are always observed and liaise with Property Services and Health & Safety to regularly carry out building inspections across the portfolio of office environments, ensuring a full programme of remedial works and improvements are planned and adhered to
- Manage the planned maintenance/compliance programme (Fire and Safety systems, HVAC, M&E, passenger lifts, etc) for all locations within the office portfolio, working closely with Property Services and liaising with external contractors.
- Ensure all requests and queries received by the team are dealt with quickly and efficiently, maintaining open communication and efficient administration.
- Liaise closely on programmes of work with colleagues who oversee the management of community centre, regional and other offices to ensure consistently high-quality environments for all Catalyst colleagues.
- Lead by example and demonstrate a willingness to “roll your sleeves up to get a job done, and if necessary, hands dirty”
- Be willing to travel regularly to various workplace locations; this will include spending 4 days a week in Bedfordshire for four weeks in the role, and then approximately 50% of each in Bedfordshire thereafter.
The UK has a housing problem which affects every one of us, because housing is the foundation of the society we live in. Catalyst is part of the solution and you could be too!
You must hold a full clean driving licence, have access to a vehicle and be willing to travel regularly to all workplaces within the organisation.
View the full Role Profile
View the Catalyst Privacy Statement
We’re committed to making Catalyst a great place to work. As well as offering a positive culture we offer a competitive pay and benefits package, some of which are listed below:
- Competitive salaries that are benchmarked regularly against current market rates
- Up to 27 days paid annual leave up, to a maximum of 30 days
- Two additional paid volunteering days each year
- A generous salary sacrifice pension scheme: matching a contribution of 3- 5% of your monthly salary with up to another 9% by us
- Flexible and agile working
- Learning and development programme where we invest in your personal development and training as soon as you start work with us
To find out more, take a look at our benefits page - https://careers.chg.org.uk/catalyst-benefits/
Ready to apply?
To be considered for the role of Workplace Projects & Programme Manager, please click on the ‘Apply Now’ button and submit your details along with a copy of your CV and a supporting statement.