Origin – shaping communities; building lives
Origin exists to make change happen for the good of communities. We help people by providing affordable homes – but that’s not enough. We support vulnerable residents to lead happy and better lives. We empower our staff to take action and rise to every challenge with ‘can do’ positivity.
Good people are the future of our innovative, working community. We have placed a brand new and exciting ‘People’ strategy at the heart of our culture – to support training and personal development, to deliver our values, to move Origin forward.
Our vision for this role
We’re looking for the right person to contribute to the quality of the environment by maintaining the estate and allocated internal communal areas to a high quality cleaning standard. To maintain a safe and aesthetically pleasing environment for residents and members of the public. To complete all weekly tasks as detailed in the communal cleaning schedules to ensure that estates are consistently maintained to high standards of cleanliness and repair. To ensure all sites meet health and safety requirements
What you’ll do
This is a rewarding and exciting position – responsible for building relationships and trust both internally within your Origin team and externally with the community you serve.
At a glance you will:
Take the lead
- Be able to identify repair, health and safety and wear and tear issues around the block and ensure that they are reported correctly
Bring people together
- Working with the Facilities Officer and Neighbourhood manager to ensure that the estates are a pleasant place for those who live there.
Come forward with a can-do attitude
- You will be able to plan your work but also adapt as this environment can be spontaneous and dynamic
- To comply with any COSHH regulations which apply to cleaning materials that are used
- To always wear personal protective clothing that is provided and to display Origin Housing identification card whilst on duty
What you’ll need
- Be physically fit and able to carry out the role requirements
- 2 years experience in cleaning and caretaking
- To have a basic appreciation for Health and Safety
- We need someone with experience of cleaning and a track record in delivering high quality service.
Tell us your story
We are looking forward to learning about you. Please help us get to know you by sending your latest CV and covering letter detailing how your experience meets the role above. To find out more about us simply visit www.originhousing.org.uk
Please note we will be asking for satisfactory references and DBS check. Successful applicants for interview will be contacted within seven days after the closing date.
Benefits for the right person
We reward our people for the work they do. We appreciate commitment, initiative and going the extra mile. At Origin, our comprehensive range of benefits care about the ‘whole’ person. As well as offering you great-to-have discounts, we look after your health and well-being too – personalising your benefits package to you. We offer:
- Access to a range of discounts on services, products and experiences. Not simply picked at random but personalised to you
- Tailor-made Healthcare plans and/or insurance plans – let us know your preference
- An Employee Assistance Programme that supports your well-being and is there to provide valuable help at all times
- A choice of rewards that you choose where to spend
- An Awards recognition scheme that champions individual achievement
See our new benefits portal where you can select the options that suit your lifestyle.
Closing date: 12/12/2021
Interview and assessment date: W/C 13/12/2021