We are looking for a Community Safety Specialist to deliver an efficient, proactive and customer focussed community safety service to Catalyst Housing customers through the effective management of reported cases to a professional standard and in compliance with policies.
We’re one of the UK’s leading housing associations, a member of the G15 group of London’s largest housing associations, with 34,000 homes and 1,200 employees in London and the Home Counties.
We are inspired by the benefits of a diverse workforce. We encourage diversity and inclusion at all levels of our organisation and are fully committed to equality of opportunity. We have been voted a Sunday Times top 100 Best Company to Work for, investing care, time and resources in our people.
Our purpose at Catalyst is to provide ‘homes people love’. That means everything from creating and maintaining great homes, to delivering excellent service to customers every day. We offer a wide range of housing solutions and opportunities for our diverse range of customer needs and requirements including, rent, part ownership or purchase. By doing so, we build more than homes – we build communities.
What we’re looking for:
· Can you demonstrate the ability to carry out systematic investigations, including interviews, use surveillance tools and present cases in court?
· Can you demonstrate an understanding of relevant legislation for dealing with community safety issues and how the law can be applied in different scenarios?
· Do you have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to suit a variety of audiences?
If so, this is the perfect role for you!
We currently have a great opportunity for a Community Safety Specialist to join us on a permanent basis.
Do you have what it takes?
To succeed in your role as a Community Safety Specialist you will:
· Manage a full range of community safety casework, ensuring that Catalyst’s Community Safety Service is delivered within agreed timeframes and with a focus on ‘getting it right first time’.
· Collaborate with internal and external partners to ensure that necessary protocols are complied with, keeping accurate and current casework for your own area(s).
· Provide Customer Service teams with advice and support on individual community safety issues including tactics and appropriate tools, risk assessment, powers and resources to remedy cases and to prevent further occurrences with a focus on prevention, intervention and enforcement when necessary
· Develop and maintain expert knowledge of ASB prevention, intervention and enforcement, including case law, good practice, current legislation and national initiatives on antisocial behaviour
· Collaborate with key external partners by development effective relationships (including police and local authorities) to resolve local community safety issues and represent Catalyst at external stakeholder meetings including case conferences and panel meetings, liaising with customers as appropriate
· Be comfortable with lone working on a regular basis
The UK has a housing problem which affects every one of us, because housing is the foundation of the society we live in. Catalyst is part of the solution and you could be too!
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check and requires a full UK driving licence and use of own car on a daily basis.
View the full Role Profile
View the Catalyst Privacy Statement
We’re committed to making Catalyst a great place to work. As well as offering a positive culture we offer a competitive pay and benefits package, some of which are listed below:
· Competitive salaries that are benchmarked regularly against current market rates
· Up to 27 days paid annual leave up, to a maximum of 30 days
· Two additional paid volunteering days each year
· A generous salary sacrifice pension scheme: matching a contribution of 3- 5% of your monthly salary with up to another 9% by us
· Flexible and agile working
· Learning and development programme where we invest in your personal development and training as soon as you start work with us
To find out more, take a look at our benefits page - https://careers.chg.org.uk/catalyst-benefits/
Ready to apply?
To be considered for the role of Community Safety Specialist, please click on the ‘Apply Now’?button and submit your details along with a copy of your CV and a supporting statement.