Permanent, Full Time
Do you think you’ve got the skills to lead a team of project managers to develop new homes and places that support people’s wellbeing, that address the climate emergency and enhance biodiversity? Do you want to innovate & uphold quality design in new and existing homes? Are you creative enough to deliver today while building for tomorrow? Can you inspire and energise others to achieve great things? Then join us, show us, learn and grow with us... your new purpose starts with this application.
- Starting on £39,340
- 37 hours per week (Monday to Friday, worked flexibly)
- 50 / 50 working from home / in the office split
- 27 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays, plus 4 SYHA days connected to bank holidays
- Benefits which include an excellent flexible working scheme, family friendly perks, wellbeing scheme, discounts scheme
- Access to a wide development programme to help you master your craft
- Up to 5% pension contribution
More about the role:
- You will lead the team that delivers of a range of projects including the creation of new homes and places, the acquisition of new homes from other developers, the refurbishment of existing properties and the disposal the few properties that no longer meet our needs. This means line management and work allocation, sometimes at pace.
- This will involve developing strong working relationships with external stakeholders including local authorities, architects, contractors, developers and solicitors.
- You will collaborate with our internal customers such as Housing Management and Property Services to ensure that a holistic approach is adopted with a view to maximising the value derived from our homes.
- At times conversations can be uncomfortable as we wrangle with a broad set of drivers trying to find the optimum solution. But this is where the innovation is born, where the future is seen for the first time. And we always finish as friends, enjoying a cup of tea.
- You need to have the self-discipline to tie up all loose ends and capture the resulting data to help better decision-making right across SYHA.
- You will lead service improvements
- We work hard but we work smarter. We want to hear about what you see and experience as you deliver projects and so you’ll be involved in a continual drive to ‘doing the basic brilliantly’, and beyond…
Who you are:
- You are a leader and can set quality standards
- You think agile in order to achieve the required outcomes
- You care about people – we’re all about the people, we just happen to build homes.
- You care about the planet – you want to help make the shift to a more sustainable way of living.
- You care about profit – we call it surplus to invest in new homes, either way we need to make it so we can help more people.
- You’re a people person and have line management experience.
- Your tech savvy with digital skills.
- You have great organisational and observational skills
- You enjoy solving problems in a fast-paced environment
Who we are:
At South Yorkshire Housing Association, our purpose is for our customers to settle at home, live well and realise their potential.
Feeling settled and living well means different things to the people and families that live across South Yorkshire. So, we work with people in different ways – from our extra-care housing, to providing services and opportunities that individuals can access in their home, workplace and community, to creating houses for affordable rent.
Our employees enable us to create the best services, support, and experiences for our customers. We believe that difference makes us better, and that our services are made stronger by having a diverse workforce. We encourage and welcome applications from all backgrounds.
Please note that we may remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. Please apply at your earliest convenience.
Closing Date: 7th December 2021
Interview Date: 9th or 10th of December 2021. To be arranged around candidate’s availability.