We are recruiting for an awesome Multi Skilled Operative who takes pride on the quality of their work to join us! You’ll be part of our Swarcliffe PFI who provide quality and efficient services on the Swarcliffe PFI Contract It’s a role with meaning, so you’ll be making a real difference to customers’ lives with what you do.
You might think of Yorkshire Housing as ‘just’ a housing provider, but we’re so much more than that. Yes, we own and manage nearly 20,000 homes (and counting) across Yorkshire and make it possible for current and future customers to have a place they’re proud to call home, but we’re also all about making a positive difference in people’s lives. We’re transforming our business by investing in people, processes and technology to deliver a consistently great experience for our customers
What you’ll be doing?
- You’ll be responsible for the delivery of a high quality, efficient and effective repairs service to the customers of Yorkshire Housing and any clients.
- You’ll carry out all multi skilled (high level joinery, with basic plumbing and building related) tasks and general property repairs, working on empty homes and planned maintenance projects.
- You’ll work as part of a team to ensure high standards of customer service and quality of work are delivered and health and safety is adhered to.
- You’ll assist in the effective delivery of materials and supply by liaising closely with management and suppliers as advised and ensuring van stock levels are effectively managed and maintained.
- Due to the nature of this role you must have a full UK driving license.
The stuff that sets you apart
- This role would suit someone who can demonstrate detailed and wide-ranging knowledge of multi skilled / building related activities.
- You’ll have Building/Joinery qualification (C&G, NVQ or equivalent) and understanding of Health & Safety Awareness
- You’ll have the ability to establish good working relationships with colleagues and computer literate or willingness to adopt to software based systems after training
What’s in it for you?
We offer a salary of £26,507 per annum for a 35 hour week, 25 days annual leave (raising annually to 30 days) plus Bank Holidays. We also promote a flexible working culture, as long as these fit in around the needs of your role. So you don’t need to take a day off to do that parent child reading class or take your pet to the vets or doing both! But talk it over with your manager, to make sure it fits in around what you need to do and meet business needs.
We also provide a fantastic reward package to suit everyone –a variety of amazing discounts via PerkBox, a great Healthcare cash plan called Health Shield and a contributory pension scheme where we will match your contributions up to 9%! As well as our great benefits and a fantastic work environment, we’re absolutely a company that cares about its employees and its customers.
The finer print
If you are applying for this role internally you must inform your current line manager.
You must hold full UK driving license for this role.
The closing date for this advert is Thursday 16 December but please apply asap as we reserve the right to close early if needed.