We are recruiting for a fantastic Land Manager, so if you work in this space and ready to take on your next challenge, then look no further! It's a role with meaning, so you’ll be making a real difference to thousands of customers lives by delivering our ambitious Development Programme.
And what about us?
You might think of Yorkshire Housing as ‘just’ a housing provider, but we’re so much more than that. Yes, we own and manage nearly 20,000 homes (and counting) across Yorkshire and make it possible for current and future customers to have a place they’re proud to call home, but we’re also all about making a positive difference in people’s lives. We’re transforming our business by investing in people, processes and technology to deliver a consistently great experience for our customers.
What you’ll be doing?
- You’ll be delivering parts of the Development Programme in line with our Development strategy, policies and procedures and report on progress.
- You’ll identify and acquire sites for residential development of a variety of tenures, assisting in project acquisition from identification, due diligence, offer, contract, purchase, planning to pre-start on the sites acquired.
- You’ll project manage sites of varying tenures including market sale, low cost home ownership, affordable rent and market rent from inception through to legal completion.
The stuff that sets you apart?
- A strong understanding and experience in land acquisition as well as housing development and construction
- Experience of appraising sites in order to assess their suitability
- Experience in managing complex schemes and substantial budgets associated with these schemes
- Excellent knowledge of key areas such as the planning process, relevant external environment & the impact on YH, and legal process and contracts when acquiring land
- Experience and knowledge of Planning, Building Regulations and regulatory and legislative requirements
Pssst. One of our values is ‘Be Yourself’. We’re passionate about inclusion and we’d love to hear from people from diverse backgrounds for this role.
What’s in it for you?
In return we offer £54,287 plus £2,000 Car Allowance per annum for a 35 hour week, 25 days annual leave (raising annually to 30 days) plus Bank Holidays. We also promote a flexible working culture, as long as these fit in around the needs of your role. So you don’t need to take a day off to do that parent child reading class or take your pet to the vets or doing both! But talk it over with your manager, to make sure it fits in around what you need to do and meet business needs.
We also provide a fantastic reward package to suit everyone –a variety of amazing discounts via PerkBox, a great Healthcare cash plan called Health Shield and a contributory pension scheme where we will match your contributions up to 9%! As well as our great benefits and a fantastic work environment, we’re absolutely a company that cares about its employees and its customers.
The finer print
If you are applying for this role internally you must inform your current line manager.
The closing date for this role is 16 December 2021 but we reserve the right to close earlier if needed. Therefore, we'd recommend you to apply asap!