We are recruiting for an Energy, Assurance and Audit focused Head of Compliance who will have the responsibility and authority to ensure that MTVH meets its legal obligations and keeps our residents safe. The postholder will be responsible for setting policy and procedure, setting and monitoring budgets, agreeing planned works and overseeing the teams managing MTVH programmes and contractors. You will have the ability to guide the organisation and influence change.
What you'll need to succeed
- Proven experience in a senior management role in social housing
- Experience managing full public sector procurement processes from an operational standpoint
- Must have in depth knowledge of the Heat Metering and billing Regulations 2015,(amendment 2020) and managing compliance programme related to the above
- Knowledge of sustainability programmes and grant application and funding, and the climate Change Act (2008)
- Familiar with the govt. Decarbonisation of Heat collection of projects
- A thorough understanding of assurance, governance and audit in the social sector and experience implementing the PDCA model of continuous improvement and providing a robust internal audit function so that risk is managed effectively
- Knowledge of data management, project management and data integrity
- Experience of internal audit and reporting, and actioning recommendations
- Knowledge and understanding of complaints and learning outcomes and how to implement change
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, take a look at the attached Job Description for more details and if it’s the ideal job for you, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. Please note this is a general job description which refers to a different location from the one this role is based in.
Interview date: 14th December
Our organisation was built on a simple mission – to give people a safe, secure, and affordable home. That is as true today as it was in the 1950’s, when our founder Molly Huggins established an organisation to provide homes for Windrush migrants in London. Our core purpose is that “everyone should have a home and the chance to live well” To fulfil this vision, we work with partners to make our neighbourhoods – new and old - sustainable and vibrant places, where our customers want to live. We put people at the heart of everything we do and to guide us in every decision we make. Through managing more than 57,000 households we work at a scale that means our actions to achieve this have real impact.
We firmly believe that by serving people better every day, we will support a healthier, better cared for, and more prosperous society in the future. Like our founders before us, we will leave a lasting legacy for future generations. Our colleagues are crucial to our success in achieving this. Therefore, we are committed to investing in colleagues and creating the opportunity for them to develop. Our working environment has been designed to be one that brings out the very best in people.
What you'll get in return
We also offer a wide range of benefits. Please take a look at our benefits document attached.
All employment decisions at MTVH are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marital status, pregnancy or maternity, race or religion, sex or sexual orientation.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found so we do encourage you to complete the application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.