We are recruiting for a Head of Mechanical and Electrical in our Compliance & Technical Department who will have responsibility for M&E and Lift servicing, compliance and reactive repair services. The postholder will be responsible for setting policy and procedure, setting and monitoring large budgets, agreeing planned works and overseeing the teams managing MTVH programmes and contractors. You will have the ability and support to guide the organisation and influence change.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience of building and maintaining relationships with contractors, stakeholders and customers to continually improve services
- Proven experience in a senior management role
- Experience managing full public sector procurement processes from an operational standpoint
- Knowledge and experience of monitoring the compliance and servicing requirements of: domestic and passenger lifts, CCTV, automatic doors and barriers, pumps, man-safe systems, lightning protection and radon
- Proven previous experience in managing electrical hard-wired systems including: Electrical installations, Certification of electrical installation work, Periodic inspection, testing, condition & reporting, Electrical appliances, LOLER, Working at Height Regulations.
- Knowledge of all relevant legislation and regulation for each service area above
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, take a look at the attached Job Description for more details and if it’s the ideal job for you, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. Please note this is a general job description which refers to a different location from the one this role is based in.
Interviews will be held on the 15th December 2021 - We reserve the right to close this advert early if required.
Our organisation was built on a simple mission – to give people a safe, secure, and affordable home. That is as true today as it was in the 1950’s, when our founder Molly Huggins established an organisation to provide homes for Windrush migrants in London. Our core purpose is that “everyone should have a home and the chance to live well” To fulfil this vision, we work with partners to make our neighbourhoods – new and old - sustainable and vibrant places, where our customers want to live. We put people at the heart of everything we do and to guide us in every decision we make. Through managing more than 57,000 households we work at a scale that means our actions to achieve this have real impact.
We firmly believe that by serving people better every day, we will support a healthier, better cared for, and more prosperous society in the future. Like our founders before us, we will leave a lasting legacy for future generations. Our colleagues are crucial to our success in achieving this. Therefore, we are committed to investing in colleagues and creating the opportunity for them to develop. Our working environment has been designed to be one that brings out the very best in people.
What you'll get in return
We also offer a wide range of benefits. Please take a look at our benefits document attached.
All employment decisions at MTVH are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marital status, pregnancy or maternity, race or religion, sex or sexual orientation.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found so we do encourage you to complete the application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.