Youth Support Worker - Young People`s Housing Service - £13,257 (pro rata for part time hours) 22.5 hrs
At Hightown, we`re a housing charity that builds homes and supports people. In Hemel Hempstead we provide high-quality care and support to young people aged 16 and 24 who are homeless and young mothers and their babies to support them to move on as part of our YPHS service.
We looking for some great new Youth Support Workers to join our team who have the right values, behaviours and attitudes to be the difference.
Who we are looking for
We`re keen to recruit individuals who care regardless of qualifications or experience. We care more about you sharing and demonstrating our values, which are:
- Putting our residents and service users first
- Treating people with respect, promoting independence and choice
- Developing passionate and committed teams
- Being cost effective without compromising standards or safety
If you share our values, we`d love you to work for us.
If you`re someone who is able to recognise the wishes and needs of vulnerable young people, responds well in a crisis and can work independently, we will give you all the training and support you need to do the role including a qualification in health and social care if you don`t already have one.
About the role
You`ll be empowering young people to lead independent and fulfilling lives with the support of a network of staff, social workers and local authority partners. You`ll use a positive approach to support them to develop independent living skills such as cooking, cleaning and budgeting so they can move into their own accommodation. You will also enable them to access work and educational opportunities and healthcare services. It will be a challenging but rewarding role where you can really be the difference to a vulnerable young persons` life.
We provide a 24 hour service so you must be able to work shifts as part of a rota system which will include weekend and bank holiday working as well as sleep-ins. You must also have a drivers licence and access to a vehicle.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you or you want to have an informal chat, please contact us on 01442 292309 or firstname.lastname@example.org
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a benefits package which includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 33 days per year ( pro rata for part time), including statutory bank holidays, rising to 35 days with service
- £13,257 per annum
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus on top of your basic salary
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Ongoing professional development and support to deliver outstanding support
- Workplace pension scheme and life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Refer-a-friend scheme: Earn a £130 bonus for each friend you refer to work for us
- Access to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for use at work
- Access to COVID-19 vaccinations
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Fully paid DBS
How to Apply
To apply for the position of Youth Support Worker please complete an online application form.
Please see below for a copy of the Assistant Support Worker and Support Worker job description.
Closing date: 20th December 2021
Hightown is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Successful candidates will need to have a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service, together with any other relevant recruitment checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.