Connect Housing have a number of opportunities to join our new Estate Services Team as a Cleaning Operative. We are looking for committed and enthusiastic people to provide comprehensive cleaning and housekeeping services for all of Connect Housing stock as required. We are flexible and welcome requests to work on a part time basis.
The post holder’s main tasks will be to:
· Provide a thorough and efficient cleaning service to a high standard including communal areas, offices and void properties
· Maintain a clean, tidy and safe environment – including the emptying of bins, dusting, wiping of skirting boards and window sills, vacuum and mopping of all floor coverings, void sparkle cleans, office cleans, dispose of waste items and rubbish
· Cleaning of void properties ensuring rooms are cleaned and ready for occupation without delay in order to reduce loss of rental income
· Maintain excellent customer service standards in all aspects of service delivery
The ideal person will:
· Have demonstrable experience of cleaning/housekeeping
· Have demonstrable experience of working as part of a team
· Have an awareness of Safeguarding (children and adults)
· Be a trustworthy and values driven person who acts ethically and with integrity
· Have an understanding of COSHH legislation/guidelines
· Be willing to work flexibly, which may include some evening and weekend working
· Be willing to work in a variety of settings including voids
Connect is a housing association providing over 3,000 homes and well-being and support services, across West Yorkshire. Our over-arching vision is for a sustainable and just society where good homes, neighbourhoods and opportunities help people enjoy happy, healthy lives.
In choosing Connect you will be joining a friendly team, who look out for each other. We are committed to flexible working so the post holder will be able to manage their own time and workload in line with the objectives of the role.
As an equal opportunities employer we recruit based on experience, attitude and values. Connect are committed to ensuring our workforce reflects the communities we serve therefore we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
- Friendly and lively team
- 20 days basic holiday + public holidays. This rises with each year of service up to a maximum of 25 days + bank holidays
- BUPA Cashplan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Company Vehicle for work use
Please note, Connect Housing reserve the right to close the role earlier and therefore we encourage early applications.