Fixed Term 12 months (Maternity Cover) potential for a permanent role
The Heart of a Town Lies in its People” and at Stevenage Borough Council our people are at the heart of what we do.
We are looking for an Asset Management Co-ordinator to lead on various projects supporting good asset management of our housing stock, including our approach to de-carbonisation. Successful candidates will ideally have a good working knowledge across all areas of asset management within social housing.
You will be part of a team which support Stevenage Borough Council’s programme to modernise social housing as part of its vision to develop the town through its Future Town Future Council programme. You will undertake a full range of asset management services relating to the management of our housing stock.
You will have:
- A good understanding of issues affecting local government including a detailed knowledge of government policy and initiatives affecting asset management.
- Experience with asset management software and database management, including data cleansing and bespoke asset data report design and generation.
- Experience of accessing viability and options to inform investment decisions in the housing stock.
- A good understanding of how to analyse and interpret financial, performance and resource information and produce complex project reports.
- Ability to manage a programme of challenging projects and to lead and contribute to major projects, programmes and initiatives.
The candidate will be committed to delivering excellent customer service, have demonstrable experience, hold a relevant related qualification and be able to effectively manage and prioritise own workload.
We offer a range of benefits to support our staff including:
- Pension Scheme: We offer a career average pension scheme, providing generous benefits upon retirement, as well as a lump sum and pension for dependants
- Flexible working: available upon request, subject to operational requirements.
- Part time and Job share: all our full time vacancies are open to job share unless otherwise stated.
- A variety of different types of paid and unpaid leave covering emergency and planned leave, maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave.
- 24 days holiday rising to 30 days (depending on Local Government service)
- An extensive range of learning and development opportunities
- Confidential advice and support on personal, work, family and relationship issues, 24/7, from our Employee Assistance Programme
- Season ticket loans and discounts for public transport
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Stevenage Credit Union: secure savings, free life insurance and access to cheap loans.
- Employee Discounts: via monthly paid membership of the Civil Service Sports Council (CSSC)
- Discounted Health and Fitness membership at SLL
- Trade Unions: For a small fee, all employees have the opportunity to join a Trade Union.
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Andrew Garside Tel no: 01438 242545 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For an application pack and to apply online, please visit www.stevenage.gov.uk/job-vacancies. Please quote the correct post reference number when applying.
Please note that Stevenage Borough Council cannot accept CV’s, all applications must be made on the Council’s standard application form which can be found at the above link.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 23:00 hours on the 19 December 2021
Please note that if we receive a large volume of applications for this role, we reserve the right to close this vacancy ahead of the published closing date.
Stevenage Borough Council (SBC) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, volunteers and recruitment candidates to share this commitment. SBC shall take all reasonable steps to employ staff who are safe to work with children, young people and vulnerable adults. For posts identified with regular contact with these groups applicants will be required to undertake a Value Based Interview. The council supports the legislative requirements for employing and maintaining safer staff and the guidance specified by Hertfordshire Safeguarding Adults Board
Stevenage Borough Council is committed to Equal Opportunities for all.