Director of Building Safety
Salary: £97,000 plus benefits package
Location: Birmingham B37 7YN
Flexibility: Hybrid Working
We are brave, we are ambitious, we are honest, and we are Citizen!
Do you want to work for an organisation that supports work life balance? If so, we may have the opportunity you have been looking for.
This is an exciting new role within Citizen working in a key position within our Senior Leadership Team. You will be joining a supportive team within a fast paced and ambitious organisation. The postholder will be responsible for transforming our building safety function, ensuring that we are meeting current and new legislation and regulatory requirements.
The role will encompass new building safety requirements, compliance, commissioning and health and safety.
To be successful in this role you will bring with you the following skills and experience:
- Building Safety professional at a degree level education or equivalent in the relevant field or membership with a relevant professional body.
- Manage and develop a team, creating an overarching, robust strategy with the foresight to innovate.
- Ability to lead a step change in our approach to how we manage our buildings and engage our customers.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of building safety within diverse and large property portfolios.
- Proactively develop relationships with teams across the organization, pulling together a holistic organizational plan to deliver building safety, protecting our residents, and ensuring that we are meeting all our health and safety obligations to safeguard our employees.
We have homes across the West Midlands and the role will be required to cover all areas. Citizen have offices in Birmingham, Coventry and Worcester.
If this sounds like you, you’ll feel right at home at Citizen. As well as a generous benefits package, we enable all Citizens to achieve the best possible balance between work and personal life and provide opportunities for everyone to reach their full potential.
Please find attached a recruitment pack with further information about the role and Citizen https://online.flippingbook.com/view/279369187/
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further, please contact Madeleine Nelson on 07814147787.
Citizen is one of the UK’s most trusted social housing providers. Citizen owns and manages 30,000 homes across the West Midlands for diverse communities, from urban tower blocks to rural villages and towns. We provide more than just a home; we provide homes that are a foundation for life.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion and welcome applications from everyone. If you need this information in an alternative format/language to enable you to apply, please visit our website at citizenhousing.org.uk
We adopt a proactive approach to safeguarding to ensure everyone accessing our services can do so without fear of harm, abuse or neglect. As part of our recruitment process we carry out robust safeguarding checks.
This post is subject to a Standard DBS check (Disclosure and Barring Service).
Please note we will be reviewing applications throughout the campaign and may invite candidates to interview at any time. We reserve the right to close this role earlier than the published closing date should a suitable candidate be identified.
Closing date: 3rd January 2022
Interview date: 12 January 2022