Salary: £46,196 to £54,348 per annum
Location: The posts will cover the South London region with a base of either Morden or Penge
Hours: 36 per week
Contract Type: 2 x Fixed Term Contracts/Secondments until December 2023
Are you looking for a new challenge in Repairs and Maintenance?
We're looking for two Regional Surveyors to manage the operational delivery of high quality responsive repairs, void works and complex disrepair works within our Repairs & Maintenance Team in South London.
The Repairs & Maintenance (R&M) Team oversee the delivery of our in-house and external repair service, ensuring providers deliver the service to Clarion's customer standards and operate within the agreed price per property or price per void cost model. The team manages complex repairs, ensuring environmental health notices and legal disrepair cases are well managed to conclusion, and the business risks are minimised.
We'll look to you to manage the performance and on site progress of Clarion's in-house and external repair contractors, ensuring that works are delivered on time, to budget, quality standards and achieve value for money in line with all relevant statutory regulations and compliance.
Other key responsibilities will include:-
- Lead, manage, guide and support the operational delivery of an effective maintenance service to the regions properties to include responsive repairs, complex repairs/legal disrepairs, voids and aids & adaptions to all customers or leaseholders and ensure the service is delivered within budget, to group agreed timescales and agreed performance levels.
- Responsibility for sub regional spend of circa £2.5m to include budgetary feedback and information to the Regional Maintenance Manager to control budgetary position and complete financial reporting in relation to R&M.
- Manage the day-to-day operational delivery of Repairs & Maintenance, working closely with our in house service provider and external contractors to ensure all works are delivered to a high standard, within agreed timescales and within the scope of the contract.
- Provide operational management of the Maintenance Surveyors, ensuring the team have a clear understanding of their role, targets, policies, personal and group objectives.
- Produce a clear scope of work and specification for the responsive repairs, complex repairs/legal disrepairs, insurance, voids and aids and adaptions including carrying out any surveys to establish the full scope of work supporting the R&M function.
To be successful, you'll need membership of a relevant professional body as well as a recognised qualification in a property related discipline, degree level qualification or comprehensive job related experience of delivering a similar role in Housing or Repairs. We're looking for professionals with experience of working in Repairs & Maintenance in a housing association or local authority or related construction industry. A comprehensive knowledge of building construction, building standards, planning regulations, regulatory standards, health & safety and other legislation relevant to asset management is essential.
If this sounds like an opportunity you'd be interested in, we look forward to hearing from you.
What you can expect from us
Here at Clarion we're dedicated to rewarding hard work and commitment and providing benefits that support you and your lifestyle. As standard we offer;-
- Competitive salaries that are benchmarked regularly against current market rates
- Initial 25 Days annual leave (plus bank holiday), increasing to 30 days after 3 years' service.
- A flexible benefit scheme tailored to you, inclusive of healthcare options, dental insurance, restaurant card and cycle to work along with 1% of your salary to spend on whichever approved benefit you like!
- Matched pension contributions of up to 7.5% of your salary with generous life assurance
- Flexible and agile working for the majority of our employees.
- Company Bonus Scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Holiday trading scheme allowing you to buy and sell leave
- Free counselling and legal advice scheme for you and your family
- Interest free loans for season ticket and study leave
Our commitment to equality and diversity means that we are keen to help you maintain a healthy work-life balance, including but not limited to part-time working and job share, enhanced maternity, adoption and paternity leave, and compassionate leave.
Closing Date: Monday 3rd January at midnight
Interviews will be held on Monday 17th and Tuesday 18th January 2022
Applicants must have the ability to travel extensively across the South London region.
This post is subject to Basic Criminal Record Check Clearance.
You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this vacancy; Clarion are not able to offer visa sponsorship. You are required to reside in the UK for the duration of your employment.