bpha are a forward-thinking housing association, on a mission to build thriving communities where people can live happily in a home they can afford.
We work right across the Oxford to Cambridge Arc, and own or manage over 19,000 homes. As one of the top 25 housing association developers in the country, we are committed to providing quality repair and maintenance services to our Residents. Our amazing hard-working team makes sure our properties are maintained to the highest standard, whilst ensuring our homes meet the needs of our Residents.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Surveyor (Voids) to join our Building Services team.
What you will be doing:
- Attending properties to carry out pre-void inspections and assess damage/disrepair; identify any dilapidation charges
- Identifying works that can be added to future Planned Maintenance Programmes and liaise with the Building Services Planned team to programme these works.
- Ensuring that stock condition surveys are completed on every void and that data collected reflects works carried out.
- Carrying out post inspections promptly and recalling contractors where any issues arise.
- Ensuring that contractors provide a quality and cost-effective service.
We’d love to meet someone with:
- A good understanding of construction, maintenance and social housing.
- An ONC/HNC/NVQ Level 3 qualification (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline, or the equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation.
- A good understanding of Schedule of Rates.
- Excellent communication skills and a drive to deliver exceptional customer service.
- The ability to plan your own workload as this post requires you to work from home or on your patch for much of the working week.
- Due to the nature of the role you must hold a full UK driving licence.
Amongst what we offer you is:
- £31,000 pa plus car allowance of £2,000
- 28 days holiday PLUS Bank Holiday
- A generous contributory pension scheme
- Private health care
- Free life assurance
- Access to an extensive suite of wellbeing services and tools including a digital gym
- Opportunities for learning and development
- Discounted gym membership
- Retail discount scheme
Please note the successful candidate will be required to complete a basic DBS application.
Closing date: Wednesday 22nd December
We reserve the right to close this recruitment if it is deemed that we have received a suitable number of applications. On this basis we would advise that applications are submitted as soon as possible.
bpha is an equal opportunities employer and we are keen to attract diversity into the organisation.