Would you like to be a part of The London Borough of Hounslow, whose diverse workforce are committed to making a positive difference for our residents and visitors by ensuring the quality of our services are maintained to a high standard?
We have changed the way we work, adopting a modern approach to reduce our carbon footprint. Headquartered in Hounslow House, a new landmark building located in Hounslow town centre, our technology enables us to work remotely and flexibly. This improves the service we provide to residents and helps us to achieve a better work/life balance.
About The Team
Specialist housing is part of Hounslow Council’s Housing Tenancy Management Service, designed to meet the needs of older tenants and their partners, who are over 60. These residents receive the same support as other tenants, but sheltered and extra care schemes have additional staff to provide them with extra security and assistance in emergencies. The aim is to enable residents to continue to live independently while enjoying the range of community activities on offer.
1. Lead the delivery of the council’s sheltered, extra care and Linkline (telecare service), planning, coordinating and developing a modern and flexible service model.
2. Develop and implement practices that are responsive to tenants’ needs, resolving housing issues such as problems with rent payment, antisocial behaviour, while enabling them to continue living independently in their homes.
3. Lead a performance driven service, managing staff, budgets and resources to deliver objectives and targets, using benchmarking to reflect on your success.
4. Mentor and support your staff to handle a full range of complex, sensitive and contentious tenancy matters, ensuring all risks are handled appropriately.
1. You have extensive knowledge and experience of managing tenancies or estates in a sheltered/extra care social housing setting and an expert understanding of the council’s role as a landlord, with specialist knowledge of associated legislation, regulations and policies relating to council homes and tenancy matters.
2. You have experience of successfully managing staff and external contractors and are a collaborative leader, acting with integrity and building trusting relationships, operating effectively through prioritisation, delegation and efficient use of available resources to deliver value for money services.
3. You are a dynamic decision maker who leads and motivates others to deliver a high performing service achieving excellent results, which can flex and adapt to the changing need of residents, integrating digital service solutions balanced with creative bespoke solutions for vulnerable residents.
4. You are a creative and analytical problem solver who takes responsibility to see problems through to successful resolution, ensuring your work and the work of the team achieve service outcomes that support the shared goals of the council, while operating with financial acumen.
Essential for The Role
- You have a degree, equivalent qualification or experience.
- You have demonstrable work experience and can evidence continual professional development.
- You can travel independently around the Borough to visit residents in their homes and meet other professionals in community settings.
- A basic DBS check is required.
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the employee specification.
If you would like an informal conversation regarding the position please contact email@example.com or 020 8583 3755
Interviews will be held during week commencing: 7 February 2022
Closing date: 11:59:59pm on 31 January 2022