The Guinness Partnership is one of the leading providers of affordable housing and care services in England. We build and manage homes and provide housing services for around 135,000 customers nationwide. Of our 65,000 homes, more than 70% are let at a social or affordable rent, while around 10,000 are owned or part-owned by the people who live in them.
Our vision is to deliver great service, provide great homes, to be a great business and to be a great place to work. Because everything we do is about our customers, our communities and our people, any profit we make is re-invested in new and existing homes and improving services.
About The Team
Our Building Safety Team is responsible for building safety investigations, remediation and installations, and for setting up the systems required to deliver the requirements of future building safety legislation and guidance. The team is a newly formed team led by our Director of Building Safety, it’s an exciting time to join the team and help shape how the organisation works to ensure our buildings are safe.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Building Safety Managers to join our team in Oldham, Greater Manchester on a permanent basis.
This role will cover the North of England - Substantial travel within the region will be required.
The successful applicant will ensure high risk and complex buildings within the scope of legislation are compliantly managed and maintained safely and evidenced through the creation and continued management of building safety cases presented to the Building Safety Regulator.
Key responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to develop and maintain Building Safety Cases for buildings in scope of Building Safety legislation and proactively manage any identified risks.
- Work with Development and Asset Management to introduce and maintain the information Golden Thread. Ensure digital Golden Thread data supporting Building Safety Cases is in a consistent format and kept up to date.
- Assist implementation and ongoing delivery of the Resident Engagement Strategy by leading engagement and communication with residents about the safe management of their building, their safety responsibilities and any issues that may arise.
- Review and monitor the management of buildings to ensure compliance with fire strategy, where required assess suitability of fire strategy and suggest changes.
- Provide residents with a visible and clear route to raise any Building Safety related concerns or complaints they may have.
- Create and maintain individual evacuation plans for buildings within scope of the Building Safety legislation.
- Work with the Fire Safety Team to ensure that fire risk assessments are undertaken and remedial actions are completed within timescales.
- Monitor all other asset compliance requirements to ensure inspections are carried out within prescribed periods and
- Guinness is compliant. Work with the Asset Compliance Team to resolve any issues that may arise.
Please review the attached role profile for the full list of responsibilities
What we’re looking for
We’re a customer-focussed organisation so we know that how we do things is just as important as what we do. You’ll not only be a skilled Building Safety Manager , but you’ll also have great customer service skills and a willingness to go the extra mile to get the job done. You’ll also be able to demonstrate:
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of fire safety legislation and guidance, building regulations and technical standards.
- Experience of updating and maintaining detailed information systems ensuring that data is logged accurately and consistently.
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders in a building safety capacity to achieve common goals.
- Ability to challenge unacceptable behaviour or practice and raise, escalate or flag risks to safety.
- Very strong communication and presentation skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent computer literacy skills.
- Proven experience of analysing potentially complex and difficult situations and recommending appropriate, practical and responsive solutions in a sensitive manner.
- Capable of explaining building safety issues to internal and external stakeholders including residents in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to compile detailed and concise reports on building safety issues and present these to senior colleagues.
- Demonstrate the Guinness Behaviours.
- Demonstrates the Guinness Leadership and Management Standard.
- NEBOSH fire safety (or equivalent).
- Membership of IFE or IFSM.
- Building related degree or similar qualification.
- Higher grade fire safety related qualification.
If you’re interested in finding out more about the key responsibilities of the role and/or to ensure you meet the essential criteria, please review the attached role profile.
The Guinness Partnership is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all colleagues, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.