bpha are a forward-thinking housing association, on a mission to build thriving communities where people can live happily in a home they can afford.
We work right across the Oxford to Cambridge Arc, and own or manage over 19,000 homes. As one of the top 25 Housing Association developers in the country, we remain committed to delivering high-quality affordable housing to those who need it the most.
Our Residents, shared owners and leaseholders are at the core of everything we do at bpha. With every employee playing an important part in ensuring we continue to provide them with excellent customer service and maintaining our role as a responsible landlord.
We are currently looking for a Governance Manager to provide support to the Director of Governance and Compliance in promoting good governance across the organisation whilst also taking a lead role in ensuring that company secretarial administration services are provided to the Board and Committees whilst also playing a pivotal role in managing legal services and overseeing policy development.
What you will be doing:
· Providing support to ensure that an appropriate governance framework is in place across all parts of the group including appropriate constitutional arrangements, Codes of Governance, standing orders, schemes of delegation and terms of reference.
· Taking the lead in developing policies and procedures which promote ethical conduct, such as Codes of Governance.
· Taking the lead in ensuring that governance around policy decisions is maintained – ensuring decisions are taken at the appropriate level, are appropriately documented and communicated and that there is a comprehensive framework of procedures and processes in place to implement policy decisions and comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
· Taking the lead in the management of the legal panel and department legal budget and the management of legal advice to the business.
· Proactively monitoring and identifying any gaps in compliance with the RSH regulatory standards and the organisation’s chosen code of governance.
· Reporting on compliance to support the statement in the annual accounts.
· Providing advice and guidance on governance issues, contributing to increased awareness of and participation in governance and the adoption of best practice.
· Ensuring that corporate filings are undertaken on time including annual returns, accounts, directors, registered office etc.
· Being a role model for ethical culture across the Group.
· Taking a lead in developing the schedule of Board and Committee meetings.
We’d love to meet someone with:
· Experience of working within a similar governance role with exposure to Board and Committees.
· A strong academic background.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively across all levels.
· An understanding of the principles of good governance.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills.
· The ability to manage a high and varied workload.
· Basic knowledge of the legal and regulatory requirements within the sector (desirable).
· Experience of working within a regulated environment (desirable).
Amongst what we offer you is:
· A competitive salary of up to £50,000
· 28 days holiday PLUS Bank Holidays
· A generous contributory pension scheme
· Private health care
· Free life assurance
· Access to an extensive suite of wellbeing services and tools including a digital gym
· Opportunities for learning and development
· Discounted gym membership
· Retail discount scheme
Please note the successful candidate will need to complete a basic DBS application.
Closing date: Sunday 6th February.
We reserve the right to close this recruitment if it is deemed that we have received a suitable number of applications. On this basis we would advise that applications are submitted as soon as possible.