Director of Development & Asset Management
Inquilab Housing Association, Brentford, London
£80,000 to £90,000 per annum plus benefits
Inquilab – meeting housing need, supporting sustainable communities
At Inquilab we never forget that our residents are our customers. We believe that providing housing for people is more than bricks and mortar... it's about creating a home and developing sustainable environments where people and communities can prosper.
We are looking for an exceptional person who combines technical building and contract management knowledge, excellent communication skills and a passion for great customer service. You will lead Inquilab’s Property Services and Development function at Executive level.
Reporting to the CEO you’ll be a full part of the Executive Leadership team, taking collective responsibility for the strategic management of the organisation and leadership of its people, championing the culture and values of Inquilab, with overall collective responsibility for managing resources within budgets, and ensuring value for money.
- Ensure that the Association implements its development and growth strategy successfully.
- Lead the review and implementation of the asset management strategy, ensuring Inquilab’s homes are effectively maintained, safe and secure.
- Ensure the repairs service is delivered in line with sector and industry standards and in close collaboration with our appointed contractor
- Oversee and co-ordinate the Association’s development and asset services, ensuring our development & growth and Asset Management strategies are delivered to meet and exceed our growth targets and performance indicators
- Develop and put in place appropriate and good practice systems and processes to ensure full compliance with health and safety legal and all regulatory requirements in respect of property assets (particularly in relation to gas, water, asbestos, fire, electrical, mechanical and construction site safety)
- As a key member of the executive team, contribute to the effective running of the organisation by playing a full and active role in the organisation’s strategic, business and risk planning, working closely with the Board, managers and other employees to ensure our business and social objectives are met
- Build, develop and maintain effective relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders to ensue delivery of Inquilab’s corporate objectives and to enhance our reputation and influence
- Identify and take appropriate action to manage risks affecting the organisation, especially those relating to development, new business and asset management.
A full Job Description is available on request.
This exciting vacancy is being managed exclusively by Garry Thomas at Greenacre Recruitment. To apply or for further information about the role please forward a CV to or contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing date for applications: Sunday 30th January 2021
- First Stage Interviews: Tuesday 8th February 2022
- Second Stage Interviews: TBC