Clarion Housing Group are looking for ambitious, passionate and dedicated graduates to embark on a journey with our brand-new Graduate Programme within our Customer and Property Departments.
You will take part in a two-year development programme providing a number of rotations across our teams covering all housing, customer and property-related activities. You'll be working with a range of teams from frontline housing management and repairs, to asset management, strategy and our Community Foundation, Clarion Futures. The rotations will give you hands-on experience of working in social housing and helping to tackle the housing crisis.
The programme is designed to help provide you with the relevant training and work experience to allow you to grow into a competent and professional manager at Clarion. The diversity of the programme means that opportunities will arise across a number of different disciplines depending on your skillset and interest, ranging from property-specific technical posts to working directly with our customers.
Upon successfully demonstrating a fully competent performance you will have the opportunity to progress into a well-paid permanent position in your chosen field. We will provide and agree a tailored programme based on existing experience, degree and career aspirations which can include professional accreditations and or qualification such as APC for full RICS accreditation where deemed relevant.
You'll take part in four six-month rotations across a range of teams. The rotations will be agreed prior to the commencement of the programme, an example below:
Example property-related rotation
You'll work with the Asset Management team on understanding the sustainability requirements of our homes and helping to set the strategy for our approach to zero carbon as well as work on live retrofitting projects on our homes.
Example customer-related rotation
You'll work with our Communities team, part of Clarion Futures, to learn about community engagement, community assets as well as helping to deliver our Age-friendly strategy and encouraging social action in our communities.
Example Building Safety rotation
You'll support the development of our fire safety programme, visit site and work with Delivery Managers to oversee the fire safety remediation programme. You'll learn about contracts, specialist surveying, building safety and project management in a national organisation.
Regeneration and Strategic Asset Management rotation
You'll be working up masterplans for estate regeneration projects, participating in design sessions and understanding how to make the business case for regeneration. You'll also be working on live regeneration projects with the team to help deliver consultation events, move people into their new homes and understanding household needs.
Rewards and Benefits
As well as joining a supportive, hardworking and performance driven team of diverse people, here at Clarion we're dedicated to rewarding hard work and commitment and providing benefits that support you and your lifestyle. As standard we offer:
- Initial 25 Days annual leave (plus bank holiday),
- A flexible benefit scheme tailored to you, inclusive of dental insurance, restaurant card, cycle to work; we also give you 1% of your salary to spend on whichever approved benefit you like!
- Matched pension contributions of up to 7.5%
- Flexible and agile working for the majority of our employees.
- Company Bonus Scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Holiday trading scheme allowing you to buy and sell leave
- Free counselling and legal advice scheme for you and your family
- Interest free loans for season tickets
What are we looking for?
- We're looking for talented and self-motivated individuals with a proven track record of successfully applying themselves both academically and through relevant work experience.
- You must have achieved a minimum of a high 2.2 in your degree in the past 3 years. Ideally this would be related to community development, property or housing, however we are also keen to hear from those with other qualifications that bring relevant experience to a social housing setting.
- You will be a self motivated, ambitious team player who can use their initiative to ensure personal and business success.
- A demonstrable interest in social housing
- Excellent organising, planning and time-management skills with experience of working to deadlines across a variety of projects
- A proven track record of successfully applying yourself both academically and through relevant work experience
- Problem solving skills and adaptable to change
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Good communication and listening skills, both written and verbal
- Good knowledge and experience of using Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- You must have the right to work in the UK on a permanent basis without restriction as unfortunately Clarion are unable to sponsor working visas for this particular role.