The Guinness Partnership provides services to more than 140,000 customers in our 65,000 homes nationwide. With a turnover of £360.5m and a truly national presence, Guinness is one of the leading housing providers in the sector.
Guinness Property provide repairs and maintenance services to The Guinness Partnership. Our national teams deliver rapid-response housing repairs, maintenance and improvement services to ensure that our customers’ homes are safe and maintained to high standard.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Multi-Skilled Joiner/ Carpenter to join our team covering North and East London. This is a full time, (39 hours per week), permanent vacancy.
Candidates must live within 30 miles of North London to be able to reach all of the locations in a timely manner.
What we’re looking for
We’re a customer-focused organisation so we know that how we do things is just as important as what we do. You’ll not only be a fully qualified and experienced Joiner, but you’ll also have great customer service skills and a willingness to go the extra mile to provide a high quality service in compliance with relevant procedures and legislation.
- Demonstrable competence within required primary trade.
- Various multi-trade skills and experience, sufficient to enable the completion of repairs at the first visit (first time fix).
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment within agreed performance targets.
- Proven ability to work methodically, follow agreed procedures and accurately record data and information.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and demonstrate organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems seeking any advice required.
- Ability to carry out physical tasks and lift weights in accordance with Health and Safety guidelines.
- Ability to operate safely having taken into account any environmental circumstances and possible risks.
- Demonstrate the Guinness Behaviours.
- Experience of working within the social housing sector.
- NVQ Level 2 or 3 (City & Guilds) Trade Qualification or equivalent recognised competency in the required trade.
If you’re interested in joining us and would like to apply for this role, please review the role profile to view all of the key responsibilities and to ensure you meet the essential criteria.
Your Welcome Bonus is payable in 2 parts. £500 is paid in your first month’s salary and £500 is paid when you pass your probation. To be eligible for the Welcome Bonus you must be an external applicant and not currently employed by The Guinness Partnership.
Advert Closes: 23/01/2022 at Midnight.