The Guinness Partnership provides services to more than 140,000 customers in our 65,000 homes nationwide. With a turnover of £360.5m and a truly national presence, Guinness is one of the leading housing providers in the sector.
Guinness Property provide repairs and maintenance services to The Guinness Partnership. Our national teams deliver rapid-response housing repairs, maintenance and improvement services to ensure that our customers’ homes are safe and maintained to high standard.
About the role
We have a vacancy for an Electrician to join our Fixed Wire Testing Team covering Doncaster and surrounding areas.
This is a full time, (39 hours per week), Permanent vacancy.
To apply for this vacancy, you must live within South Yorkshire to ensure we can get to our customers in a timely manner.
What we’re looking for
We’re a customer-focussed organisation so we know that how we do things is just as important as what we do. You’ll not only be a fully qualified and experienced Electrician, but you’ll also have great customer service skills and a willingness to go the extra mile to get the job done.
Essential Skills/ Experience:
- Certificated qualifications and demonstrated experience in domestic and commercial electrical works.
- Proven knowledge and experience in electrical fixed wire testing, installing and maintaining up to 230v.
- Ability to correctly complete the relevant certifications, follow agreed procedures and accurately record data and information.
- Ability to accurately interpret technical data & drawings and instructions.
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment within agreed performance targets.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and demonstrate organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems seeking any advice required.
- Ability to carry out physical tasks and lift weights in accordance with health and safety guidelines.
- Good working knowledge of Health & Safety Practices.
- Demonstrates the Guinness Behaviours.
- City and Guilds 236 Pt 1 & 2 (or NVQ Level 3).
- 17th Edition Wiring Regulations BS7671.
Your Welcome Bonus is payable in 2 parts. £500 is paid in your first month’s salary and £500 is paid when you pass your probation. To be eligible for the Welcome Bonus you must be an external applicant and not currently employed by The Guinness Partnership.
If you’re interested in joining us and would like to apply for this role, please review the role profile to view all of the key responsibilities and to ensure you meet the essential criteria.
The Guinness Partnership is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all colleagues, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.