Regional Neighbourhood Manager - Essex
Salary: £52,500 - £57,750 PA
Contract Type: 12 Month FTC
Expiry Date: Monday 31 January 2022
About the role
Are you experienced in Services Management? Have you worked for a residential provider in the past and looking to take a step into a new and rewarding position for a reputable company?
We at Swan Housing Group are looking for an experienced Neighbourhood Services Manager to deliver a comprehensive neighbourhood management service for all of Swan’s affordable housing stock in the East London and Essex areas.
Should you be successful, you will be managing Swan’s allocation and onboarding services to ensure that vacant homes are let quickly and compliantly, ensuring new tenancies are sustainable and that costs are controlled and mitigated accordingly
- Deliver a comprehensive neighbourhood housing service in line with Swan’s service standards and regulatory framework Consumer Standards.
- Act as Lead Officer for Basildon Community Housing Trust to prepare and present Board reports.
- Lead the Onboarding and Allocations Teams to manage nomination agreements, quota’s, local letting plans and service level agreements and take a solution focused approach with local authority partners to tackle void turnaround times and community sustainability.
- Management of Swan’s ASB team to provide a prompt, first-rate management service to residents and effectively tackle all forms of hate crime, neighbour nuisance and anti-social behaviour using a wide range of interventions and legal framework.
- Take ownership of the void management process to ensure the delivery of key targets and ensure associated costs are managed effectively.
- Act as Swan’s lead representative at Local Authority meetings in relation to operational issues.
- Plan and manage teams overall workload to deliver KPI’s and ensure these are consistently met, providing and presenting regular statistical information, reports and presentations.
- Identify areas for enhancement in service areas as well as training and development needs within the team and implement plans for ongoing continuous improvement.
- Achieve excellent standards of customer care and ensure effective resident involvement in all appropriate aspects of service delivery.
- Manage a complex legal caseload. Maintain a broad and up to date knowledge of all relevant legislation, procedures and best practice for Neighbourhood Services and Allocations to ensure that statutory, regulatory and contractual obligations are met.
- Prepare, monitor and manage budget for the team, ensuring expenditure is properly authorized and within budget and that remedial action is taken where under or overspending is likely.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with local authority partners and stakeholders to improve services to Swan’s residents
- Deputise for the Assistant Director of Neighbourhoods
Your qualifications and experience:
- Relevant professional qualification or degree or significant experience in a similar role.
- Proven track record of management experience with a social housing provider.
- Experience of managing a number of diverse teams, managing budgets, writing reports and ensuring target delivery.
- Understanding and commitment of equality and diversity requirements
- Experience improving customer service within neighbourhood teams.
- Experience working with partners and local authorities
- Ability to work within deadlines.
- High level of written and oral communication skills.
We offer fantastic benefits including Pension, Life Assurance, BUPA Private Healthcare and much more. Further to this you can expect 25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays, PLUS 3 days at Christmas), a comprehensive induction programme and excellent ongoing training.
Swan/NU living is committed to creating beautifully designed, high quality places that fit our customer’s expectations and lifestyles. Working primarily across East London and Essex, NU living is creating homes people love, in places where they want to build their future. Ranked No. 37 in The Sunday Times Top 100 Best Not for Profit Companies, working for Swan is a lifestyle, not just a job. As a multi award winning Housing Association, we've been creating somewhere to feel at home for our team and our customers for 25 years. Whether working in Development & Regeneration, Operations, Construction (Nu Living), Care or Central Services, you can be sure that we will provide you with a home from home whatever job you do here. Swan is an equal opportunity employer and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.