Berneslai Homes have an exciting opportunity available for an Independent Audit & Risk Committee Member (Board Member) to join our team based in Barnsley. You will join us on a part time, permanent basis and in return receive a competitive salary of £1,650 per annum.
Berneslai Homes is a housing company that manages over 18,000 homes on behalf of Barnsley Council with a strong community focus across a borough with a unique blend or rural, town centre and urban housing.
The Independent Audit & Risk Committee Member role:
We are keen to enhance our Audit and Risk Committee and would like to recruit an Independent Member who can bring their independent view and insight to the team through their leadership level knowledge and experience of information governance and management.
Our Board and committees are committed to ensuring they are truly representative of the communities we serve. This ensures that we have members with different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences, which brings diversity of thought to every level of the company.
We are particularly keen to hear from people who have experience in cyber security to further enhance our existing committee. This is a great opportunity for an individual who is looking for their first non-executive role.
As the Independent Audit & Risk Committee Member your responsibilities will include:
- Helping us to collectively achieve our ambitions for the future to provide thriving, vibrant and diverse communities for our residents, listening to and hearing our customers and ensuring they feel safe in their home
- Operate within the Memorandum and Articles of Association which set out what Independent committee members can vote on within the governance of Berneslai Homes
- Uphold and promote the values of Berneslai Homes, including openness and transparency
- Abide by the code of conduct, financial regulations and contract standing orders
- Act within one’s powers, solely for the purposes for which they were given
- Accept collective responsibility for decisions taken
- Prepare for, and attend relevant meetings, training and other events
- Avoid conflicts of interest, and should they occur, declare any relevant matters
- Maintain accountability and confidentiality
- Participate in reviews of Committee / board performance (both individual and collective)
The ideal Independent Audit & Risk Committee Member will:
- Be able to guide the committee in gaining the assurance and reassurance it needs around Information Governance
- Be team focused, with considerable energy
- Strongly identify with our values, vision and priorities
- Have experience of Information Governance leadership and implementation of an information governance framework
- Be able to communicate effectively, changing style and tone as required
- Prepare for each meeting
- Display effective time management
- Able to leads by example
- Have good interpersonal and listening skills
- Able to challenge constructively, with courtesy and respect for others
- Accepts the principle of collective responsibility
What you might be asking is, why work for us?
We are proud to be an IIP Gold Accredited Organisation and we put our people first! By joining Berneslai Homes, you will have access to a wide range of employee benefits including:
- Flexible Working Packages
- Excellent Pension Scheme
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Health & Wellbeing Checks
- Fantastic Training and Development Opportunities
Closing Date: 4th February 2022
Berneslai Homes values diversity in its workforce and encourages applications from all sectors of the community.
All applications should be made via our website, here you can download our recruitment pack and submit your application.
If you feel that you have the skills and experience required to become our Independent Audit & Risk Committee Member, please click ‘apply’ today. We would love to hear from you!