We are looking for an individual with provide administrative support in the Communities team supporting the delivery of community programmes, advice and wellbeing, community facilities and services.
We’re one of the UK’s leading housing associations, a member of the G15 group of London’s largest housing associations, with 34,000 homes and 1,200 employees in London and the Home Counties.
We have been voted a Sunday Times top 100 Best Company to Work for, investing care, time and resources in our people.
We are inspired by the benefits of a diverse workforce. We encourage diversity and inclusion at all levels of our organisation and are fully committed to equality of opportunity. Catalyst wants to remove any barriers for people to enable them to participate equally within the recruitment process. If you require reasonable adjustments, please let us know and we can discuss your requirements for the recruitment process.
Our purpose at Catalyst is to provide ‘homes people love’. That means everything from creating and maintaining great homes, to delivering excellent service to customers every day. We offer a wide range of housing solutions and opportunities for our diverse range of customer needs and requirements including, rent, part ownership or purchase. By doing so, we build more than homes – we build communities.
What we’re looking for:
- Do you have a demonstrable track record of delivering excellent customer service?
- Do you have good communication skills?
- Do you have demonstrable experience in a similar role, or in an administrative position?
If so, this is the perfect role for you!
We currently have a great opportunity for a Communities Assistant to join us on a permanent basis.
Do you have what it takes?
To succeed in your role as a Communities Assistant you will:
- Provide excellent customer service to customers and colleagues acting as the first point of
contact; responding to incoming calls and emails
- Support Senior Management to maintain effective relationships with internal and external
customers by scheduling calendar appointments and minuting meetings when requested.
- Support the successful delivery of community programmes by supporting events and activities,
assisting with project planning and evaluation and updating customer records in accordance
with data protection regulations.
- Maintain up to date and accurate information across all administrative areas, including registers,
by being prompt, proactive and accountable.
- Meet and greet potential hirers and visitors to community centres providing excellent customer
service representing Catalyst.
- Liaise with nominated keyholders to provide access to community centres for routine testing
carried out by contractors and visits from potential hirers.
The UK has a housing problem which affects every one of us, because housing is the foundation of the society we live in. Catalyst is part of the solution and you could be too!
This role is subject to a Enhanced DBS check and will require a full driving licence and access to a vehicle.
View the full Role Profile
View the Catalyst Privacy Statement
We’re committed to making Catalyst a great place to work. As well as offering a positive culture we offer a competitive pay and benefits package, some of which are listed below:
- Competitive salaries that are benchmarked regularly against current market rates
- Up to 27 days paid annual leave up, to a maximum of 30 days
- Two additional paid volunteering days each year
- A generous salary sacrifice pension scheme: matching a contribution of 3- 5% of your monthly salary with up to another 9% by us
- Flexible and agile working
- Learning and development programme where we invest in your personal development and training as soon as you start work with us
To find out more, take a look at our benefits page - https://careers.chg.org.uk/catalyst-benefits/
Ready to apply?
To be considered for the role of Communities Assistant, please click on the ‘Apply Now’?button and submit your details along with a copy of your CV and a supporting statement.