Finance Analyst (Business Planning and Treasury)
At Hightown, we`re a housing charity that builds homes and supports people.
We have an opportunity for a Finance Analyst within our busy Finance team for someone who has the right values, behaviours and attitudes to be the difference which are:
- Putting our residents and service users first
- Treating people with respect, promoting independence and choice
- Developing passionate and committed teams
- Being cost effective without compromising standards or safety
If you share our values, we`d love you to work for us.
About the role
We currently have an opportunity for a Full time Finance Analyst (Business Planning & Treasury) working within our busy Financial Services Team in Hemel Hempstead.
This exciting role will work as a Financial Analyst specifically providing in-depth financial analysisto assist with the business planning and treasury management activities of the Association.
The role of Finance Analyst will also include:
- Preparing information and analysis to support reports to senior management and the Board.
- Modelling the impact of new development opportunitiesinto the business plan including measuring theimpact on loan covenant requirements (gearing covenants, liquidity cover).
- Updating the business plan on a regular basis to reflect changes in the operating business and economic environment.
- Preparing the data inputs to support submission of theregulatory returns particularly the Regulator of Social Housing`s annual Financial Future Return (FFR).
- Developing and preparing regular Treasury Management KPI reportsand dashboard.
- Producing monthly commentaryon performance for monthly treasury reports.
- Preparing financial analysis to meet information requirements for funders, Regulators and credit rating agencies.
- Providing ad-hoc reporting and analysis to support the Head of Treasury & Business Planning.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you or you want to have an informal chat, please contact email@example.com
Who we are looking for
The ideal candidate for the role of Finance Analyst (Business Planning & Treasury) will have:
- experience in delivering financial planning & analysis,
- IT skills - advanced Microsoft Excel, Word & Powerpoint to produce that analysis and reporting.
- Experience of working on business planning and treasury activity would be an advantage.
- the ability to show initiative, propose solutions to issues identified and take ownership of tasks.
You will also:
- have excellent attention to detail.
- have the ability to work under pressure, deliver totight deadlines and manage conflicting priorities.
- be customer focused with excellent written and verbal communication skillsand the ability to work with all levels within the business.
- be able to work independently and as part of a team to deliver an excellent service.
- be flexible in your approach to work.
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a considerable benefits package which includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 33 days per year including bank holidays, rising with service
- £37,110pa for a 35 hour week
- Annual bonusbased on satisfactory performance
- Regular reviews of salary and cost of living
- An organisational commitment to employee health and wellbeing
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary and a workplace pension scheme.
- Ongoing training and support to deliver outstanding support
- Onsite gym
- Ability to work from home one day per week by agreement
We have safely re-opened our offices in Hemel Hempstead. All candidates must be able to commute to our office in Hemel Hempstead on four days each week with one day working from home.
How to apply
If you are interested in joining our friendly team as Finance Analyst-Business Planning & Treasury please click `apply` below and complete an online application form.
Please see below for a copy of the Finance Analyst job description.
Closing Date: Wednesday 9th February 2022
Interviews will be held: TBC
Please note that suitable candidates will be invited to interview throughout the application window and therefore the vacancy may close at short notice. However all candidates will be advised of the outcome of their application and therefore interested candidates are encouraged to apply at their earliest convenience.
Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Berkshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 7,500 homes from our head office in Hemel Hempstead and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff. We have an annual turnover of £90 million and a development programme that will deliver over 400 new affordable homes each year.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.