We are looking for a welfare benefits specialist to deliver a proactive and inclusive advice service offering customers and colleagues a range of information, advice and guidance remotely over the phone and online.
We’re one of the UK’s leading housing associations, a member of the G15 group of London’s largest housing associations, with 34,000 homes and 1,200 employees in London and the Home Counties.
We have been voted a Sunday Times top 100 Best Company to Work for, investing care, time and resources in our people.
We are inspired by the benefits of a diverse workforce. We encourage diversity and inclusion at all levels of our organisation and are fully committed to equality of opportunity. Catalyst wants to remove any barriers for people to enable them to participate equally within the recruitment process. If you require reasonable adjustments, please let us know and we can discuss your requirements for the recruitment process.
Our purpose at Catalyst is to provide ‘homes people love’. That means everything from creating and maintaining great homes, to delivering excellent service to customers every day. We offer a wide range of housing solutions and opportunities for our diverse range of customer needs and requirements including, rent, part ownership or purchase. By doing so, we build more than homes – we build communities.
What we’re looking for:
- Do you have a solid knowledge of welfare benefits and delivering excellent advice services over the phone and online?
- Do you have experience in assessing customer needs and putting support in place?
- Are you empathetic and able to deliver a person-centred service to customers?
If so, this is the perfect role for you!
We currently have a great opportunity for a Customer Wellbeing Specialist (Short Term Support)
to join us on a permanent basis.
Do you have what it takes?
To succeed in your role as a Customer Wellbeing Specialist (Short Term Support) you will:
- Deliver an excellent customer service to all internal and external customers by being the first point of contact for all matters related to the Communities team utilising the short term support process.
- Provide customers with excellent advice that is timely and accurate by maintaining effective partnerships and referral routes with a wide range of statutory and voluntary sector organisations.
- Collaborate with colleagues across all other customer facing teams, in particular Allocations, Customer Service Centre, Estates, Income, Neighbourhoods and Repairs to ensure early referrals of customers facing vulnerable circumstances.
- Deliver an effective remote service to customer that maximises positive outcomes (for the customer and Catalyst) by undertaking affordability checks for new customers, targeting early tenancy support and income maximisation services by partnering with the Allocations and Income teams, in line with relevant policies and procedures.
- Maximise our customers incomes and ability to sustain their tenancies through securing Universal credit, housing benefit and discretionary housing payments.
- Use your knowledge of welfare benefits, legislation and regulatory standards to support your team and manager in ensuring Advice Services are efficient, effective, and legally compliant.
The UK has a housing problem which affects every one of us, because housing is the foundation of the society we live in. Catalyst is part of the solution and you could be too!
This role is subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
View the full Role Profile
View the Catalyst Privacy Statement
We’re committed to making Catalyst a great place to work. As well as offering a positive culture we offer a competitive pay and benefits package, some of which are listed below:
- Competitive salaries that are benchmarked regularly against current market rates
- Up to 27 days paid annual leave up, to a maximum of 30 days
- Two additional paid volunteering days each year
- A generous salary sacrifice pension scheme: matching a contribution of 3- 5% of your monthly salary with up to another 9% by us
- Flexible and agile working
- Learning and development programme where we invest in your personal development and training as soon as you start work with us
To find out more, take a look at our benefits page - https://careers.chg.org.uk/catalyst-benefits/
Ready to apply?
To be considered for the role of Customer Wellbeing Specialist (Short Term Support), please click on the ‘Apply Now’?button and submit your details along with a copy of your CV and a supporting statement.