Job Title: Safety and Wellbeing Officer
Salary: £32,779 - £37,461 per annum, pro rata
Job Location: Croydon (Please note, due to the changes to ways of working since the Coronavirus pandemic a hybrid approach between home, office and site work would be expected, although this role is contracted to the Croydon office)
Hours: 21 per week - Weds, Thurs & Fri
Contract Type: Permanent
Do you want to make a difference to safety and wellbeing in the largest Housing Association in the country?
We're looking for experienced Health and Safety professionals to join the team on a part time basis to help support the safety and wellbeing of our 4,000 employees and workplaces.
We put a huge emphasis on the wellbeing of our people at Clarion, and as one of our dedicated Safety and Wellbeing Officers, you will among other things:
- Be the first port of call for queries relating to staff safety and wellbeing
- Author and deliver training and guidance on a variety of topics, both in person and using online tools
- Carry out DSE and workstation assessments
- Organise and write internal communication campaigns on wellbeing and safety, and attend meetings and forums for staff engagement
- Investigate staff accidents and incidents
- Oversee safety compliance in our workplaces
- Directly manage our Mental Health First Aid provision, and oversee our Physical First Aid and Fire Warden provision
- Author, manage and review risk assessments
- Assist with the management of our Lone Worker Device provision
- Carry out ad-hoc projects and audits across our varied business
- Manage Coronavirus measures in line with government guidance
This extremely varied role needs someone who is confident, able to empathise and communicate effectively with a variety of people, and who can use their strong time management skills to work on multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
To be successful in this role, you'll also need:
- Knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety Legislation including practical application in the workplace and a track record of providing technical support and advice
- NEBOSH General Certificate of Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent, and be willing to undertake to obtain further qualifications
- A recognised DSE assessor qualification with proven experience of conducting ergonomic DSE and workstation assessments
- A Mental Health First Aid qualification, or be willing to undertake
- A sound understanding of accident/incident investigation with experience of undertaking investigations at a variety of levels
- Experience of facilitating and providing face to face training to small numbers or large groups
- Experience and good knowledge of working with Microsoft Office programs, including Teams
- Ability to undertake national travel as required to provide the service
What you can expect from us
Here at Clarion we're dedicated to rewarding hard work and commitment and providing benefits that support you and your lifestyle. As standard we offer;-
- Competitive salaries that are benchmarked regularly against current market rates
- 25 Days annual leave (plus bank holiday), increasing to 30 days after 3 years' service (pro rata for part time)
- A flexible benefit scheme tailored to you, inclusive of dental insurance, restaurant card, cycle to work; we also give you 1% of your salary to spend on whichever approved benefit you like!
- Matched pension contributions of up to 7.5%
- Flexible and agile working for the majority of our employees.
- Company Bonus Scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Holiday trading scheme allowing you to buy and sell leave
- Free counselling and legal advice scheme for you and your family
- Interest free loans for season ticket and study leave
Our commitment to equality and diversity means that we are keen to help you maintain a healthy work-life balance, including but not limited to part-time working and job share, enhanced maternity, adoption and paternity leave, and compassionate leave.
If this sounds like an opportunity you'd be interested in, we look forward to hearing from you.
Closing Date: 27th January at midnight
For further details on this vacancy please click 'apply'.
You can download the role profile here - Safety and Wellbeing Officer
Applicants must be able to travel across regions as required.
You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this vacancy; Clarion are not able to offer visa sponsorship.