Guinness Property provide repairs and maintenance services to The Guinness Partnership. Our national teams deliver rapid-response housing repairs, maintenance, and improvement services to ensure that our customers’ homes are safe and maintained to high standard.
We currently have an opportunity for a Regional Head of Service to join our team based in Havant on a permanent basis. Reporting to the Director of Operations, you’ll be accountable for the safe, reliable, and efficient delivery of repairs and empty homes maintenance for circa 8,000 homes across the South region.
Providing visible leadership and management to the area teams, you’ll manage, design, and implement efficient business processes that deliver a great customer service, drive customer satisfaction improvements, and support the protection and safety of our employees and customers alike. You’ll also be responsible for the overall P&L and budget for the region, ensuring close monitoring of spend across all activities and fostering a culture of value for money. Alongside the Regional Commercial Manager, you will also take accountability for the performance of sub-contractors, ensuring delivery of works are in line with our compliance/health & safety requirements and pricing structures.
This role would suit someone with a commercial contract management background within a repairs maintenance environment. Ideally, you will have significant experience managing a direct labour workforce or direct labour maintenance teams and of managing the delivery of contracts with a value of £5million+.
- Senior leadership and management experience gained within repairs, maintenance, housing or a similar sector.
- Proven experience of successfully leading, managing and motivating teams to deliver a great service.
- Effective management and control of complex budgets.
- High level of financial and data literacy.
- Up to date knowledge of current policy issues in the housing sector, best practice service delivery and built environment issues.
- Experience of using maintenance and management information systems, extracting and interpreting data.
- Experience of managing external contractors.
- Proven ability to provide accurate and clear reports and other communications in writing, face to face or by telephone.
- Demonstrates the Guinness Behaviours.
- Demonstrates the Guinness Leadership and Management Standard
- Repairs, Maintenance, Building or Engineering professional qualification or membership of relevant body e.g. MCIoB.
If you’re interested in joining us and would like to apply for this role, please review the role profile to view all of the key responsibilities and to ensure you meet the essential criteria
Advert Close Date: Thursday 27th January 2022 at midnight